Bravo door speaker depth

Currently reading:
Bravo door speaker depth

ant_j

Does anyone know the max depth of an aftermarket speaker
which can go into the doors, without modification except an adaptor.

Cheers in advance

Ant

not sure on the depth, but if all you want to do is use an adaptor then you will only be able to use 13 cm speakers. i doubt very much that there will be many that are too deep in that size. my 17cm ones are fine (alpine type r) with the adaptor, but i had to take an angle grinder to the door :devil: to make them fit

cheers Andy.
Found speaker adaptor for 17cm at autoaudioaccessories so gonna fit some, depth depending! Was looking at alpine 5x7 but a bit pricey!

no worries Ant

the problem with 17cm speakers is not so much the depth, its more the width of the caseing. ive had to maul my inner door skin with an angle grinder to get me the space needed top, bottom and both sides. it takes a fair amount of time to get right (take some material off, try speaker for size etc) and once you have done all of that the aaa adaptor only screws up with 2 screws (ive used the bottom on mine) and also on mine it pushes out the bottom of the door card a touch (being a bit heavy handed with the screws soon sorts that, well pretty much anyway)

erm anything else you want to know and ill see what i can do to help mate

ps. have you just poster on Boo aswell ? :p

cheers. Yep posted there also.
Would i need to angle grind mine too, i have a mk2 hgt?

you would need to angle grind if you want 17cm's yes, as the basket is too wide, unless they are really shallow, but then you wont get much punch from them really.

personally, for ease i would go for a decent set of 13's, but if you want that bit more then 17's are the way to go, alot more capable and have much bigger range

they look like they should be a straight fit mate as the standards are 5x7

ill have a gander around the net and see if i can find the depth and then mine aswell and see what i can work out for you mate (y)

Back