Technical bravo/brava 80sx 1999

Currently reading:
Technical bravo/brava 80sx 1999

mikeeastwood43

hi im after the following items for a 1250cc 16v 80sx 1999-2001: engine ecu, immobiliser, ign barrel, door locks, boot lock, glove box and fuel cap with keys, might buy a damaged car, the idiot i bought the car from lost all the keys:bang:
[email protected]

just got a bravo 1.4s code key light is on all the time so wont start how do i solve this and will it be expensive got red key and 2 blue keys previous owner says he has tried to re set system but it aint worked

Assuming its all the original bits that worked on car, then check the folowing:-
[Batt +v]───────────────────────────────[ ECU pin19] (+13v)
[switched ign +v]──────────[ relay]──────────[ECU pin 1] (13v)

immo pin8 & pin3 = 13v with ign on.
If all ok here then its either immobiliser or ECU. You can replace immobiliser because you have the red and blue keys. You can also replace the ECU, but its starting to get expensive. I can test it all out for you if you are stuck just PM me.

just got a bravo 1.4s code key light is on all the time so wont start how do i solve this and will it be expensive got red key and 2 blue keys previous owner says he has tried to re set system but it aint worked

in future start a new thread, rather than adding your post onto a thread that has been inactive for a week.

when the previous owner says he tried to reset system, do you know what he actually tried? if he did not try to reprogram the blue keys into the immob using the red key then we should try that. however i assume the previous owner would have at least tried using the red key, and if that did not work then there must be a fault. have you tried the red key?

in future start a new thread, rather than adding your post onto a thread that has been inactive for a week.

when the previous owner says he tried to reset system, do you know what he actually tried? if he did not try to reprogram the blue keys into the immob using the red key then we should try that. however i assume the previous owner would have at least tried using the red key, and if that did not work then there must be a fault. have you tried the red key?

yes tried red key light still wont go off battery fully charged will have to get a haynes book as dont know what im looking for most of the time electronics not my strong point

yes tried red key light still wont go off battery fully charged will have to get a haynes book as dont know what im looking for most of the time electronics not my strong point

in that case you really need to do the test suggested by reddy4bed as this is the only way to determine of the problem is with the wiring/circuit or the immob/ecu. it has to be one or the other. you should hope you find a lack of power going to ecu or immob, thats easier and cheaper to fix.

Back