Bravo 1.8GT

Currently reading:
Bravo 1.8GT

V

VJ

Why is it, that in most parts and accessories manuals... the Bravo 1.8 hlx is shown as 1.8GT? Is it because the Bravo was released as 1.8 GT in Italy and hlx for the British Market?

GT across the river and in Ireland.
HLX in good ol' Blighty.

Ins.

in13.jpg

Dec '97 1.8GT

a garage near me has a bravo_GT... i wondered what the hell was goin on! It has uk plates and stuff though? is that right, or is someone playing funny bugggers?

Mine says GT, but then I did replace the HLX logo for a GT one ;)

I have seen a HSX (no my eyes were telling me the truth) - anyone else seen that? Was in UK too.

Ins.

in13.jpg

Dec '97 1.8GT

The GT is European spec, over here its badged the HLX, there is no difference in the cars, except the GT don't have headlamp washers. Thats the only way you can really tell a GT to a HLX. They also make right hand drives but they aren't common.

Some Bravo's are rebadged by there owners.

J

There was never a BravA HLX.

You can get a BravA S, SX, ELX, HSX.

You can get a BravO S, SX, HLX (GT in Europe), HGT.

Just a thought but I bet if they'd called the HLX the GT in Britain the insurance group would be 1 or 2 groups higher...?

its the same with 16v cars. If you buy an astra 1.6 its say, group 8. if its called the astra 16v, with the same power of engine, it'd be group 9. i think its true that they bump it up if the car has a aportier, or performance indicating name, because it attracts more idiots and racers to buy them...