Bravo 1.4S Help

Currently reading:
Bravo 1.4S Help

F

Fernando

I´ve recently bought a 1997 Bravo 1.4S
Great car comparing with my obsolete UNO but i´ve realized that when the car goes over a hole on the road there´s a awful sound at the back of the car,it seems that some parts are loosy or something, sounds like toc toc.I´ve checked all the visible parts but they all seem to fix great.
Does anybody have any idea, please?
Thanks a lot

Fernando

SPAIN

Rear sounds

Hey

I have a 1.6 SX and the only sound i hear is from
the back shelf banging up and down, try removing the shelf and check if you still have that sound.
If you do, maybe you should have a mechanic check on it.

Bye
Shaul

Banging in the boot!

When I first got my Bravo 1.8, I noticed occasional terrible banging noises apparently coming from the boot. I checked the spare wheel but this was tightly secured. I eventually asked a mechanic at a Fiat garage to check the rear shock absorbers, but he told me he had exactly the same problem on his Bravo and the answer is very simple: a small design fault by Fiat on the back seat locking mechanism. It seems that the metal piece on the top edge at the back of the rear seat (that is used to lock the seat into position when upright)is a little too narrow. The simple solution is to wind some tape around the metal. However, I never got around to doing this because the noise since stopped, and has not reappeared.

i hope this helps (it is not easy to descibe exactly the part i am referring to).

Jim

THANKS I FIXED IT!!

Thanks to your answers Shaul & Jim.
Jim I did what you described and it worked great!!
my problem was the same, I even thought that it could be the rear shock absorbers as you did becouse all parts seemed not to move at all (I checked the spare wheel too)

Thankyou again!!

FERNANDO

SPAIN

thank you all

Lads,
you don't know how happy I was when I saw this question asked and answered!! I have the knocking noise problem too... I spent a couple of hours at
the car trying to figure it out.. I too thought suspension .... the concluded back seat problem...I tried re-adjusting the the angle of the back seat latches, (that worked for a while).... thanks again :) lads!

rgds,
Pat.

those banging noises

i'm glad it worked!

so simple, huh!

thanx

I had the same banging, your explanation was very clear and now it's gone.
the other noise that i have might be typical for the bravo (mine is a TD100SX),it is the plastic squeaking when the car is in torsion.
also the plstic edges beneath the windows are of poor quality. after mounting new speakers, having to remove the inside door covers, i can't seem to put it back the same way.

but driving and design of the car make me very happy !

squeaking sound on the rear

I brought my Bravo 1.8 GT last year, and I found that there is a plastic squeaking sound from the back of the driver seat. I am not sure if it is what you people mention the problem on the rear seat locking system, but I will check. However, it seems from the top of the car.......
Is it a typical problem for Bravo.

Anyway, I love my Bravo so much, and planning to put chips and body kit to it.....

Kenvi