General Bravo 1.4 16v turbo 120 HP test drive

Currently reading:
General Bravo 1.4 16v turbo 120 HP test drive

janem

2 Days ago I had possibility for Bravo test drive.

It was 1.4 turbo 120 HP Dynamic, and I'm really impressed from engine. I have 1.4 16v Sporting and you will say that there is only 25 HP difference but in reality difference is huge because of torque. It is pulling very nice in each gear even wit 4 persons inside.

Really nice car for affordable price.

Hi Folks,

I"m new on this forum but maybe you can give me some more input about the Bravo.
I"m flirting with the idea of buying a new 1.4 turbo 120 HP Dynamic trading in my Alfa 147 Dist.Can anybody tell me whats the difference in the engine between the 120 and the 150Hp versions?/Intercooler,other technics or just the turbo pressure?/
Anyway,do you think that the 120 Hp is decent power source for this car?

Georgee_

Might the extra £500 for the 150 be worth it? What 147 do you have?

I"m planning tp trade in my 147 120 Hp Distinctive/proteo rosso/
So, any differencies between the 2 engines?

Georgee

Thx,

I know these specs very well.My original question was:
Can anybody tell me whats the difference in the engine between the 120 and the 150Hp versions?/Intercooler,other technics or just the turbo pressure?/
Are these engines the same with some remap in case of the 150 Hp or totally differents.

Georgee

I"ve just read a roadtest on the Autocar.co.uk.According to the test person the engine is quite noisy,lack of torque at slow speeds,awkward driving position.
What"s an ownwer opinion about it?
THX

Georgee

Last edited:
I"ve just read a roadtest on the Autocar.co.uk.According to the test person the engine is quite noisy,lack of torque at slow speeds,awkward driving position.
What"s an ownwer opinion about it?
THX

Georgee

Every person would have there own story whether it is a fiat or not, if you was to go by reviews alone you wouldn't buy a car because there will be negative and positive responses some which may equal with every car.
Best to go and test drive the 2 different models and see for yourself.
But i can tell you from my experience there is no loss in torque at low speeds, at least i haven't noticed this, and the driving position is just fine,
also is not noisy, others might say the complete opposite to me, best to go to your local fiat dealer and test drive the 2 models.

Hi Folks,

Yesterday I"ve test drove the 1.4Tjet 120 Hp.Very cool car.I"ve found my favourite In the showroom.Maranello red,sportkit,red sail carpit ,Mp3 etc.
Next week I"ll pay the deposit and will get it in january.The sad part is,I have to sell my beloved Alfa 147.

Georgee:slayer:

Hi Folks,

Yesterday I"ve test drove the 1.4Tjet 120 Hp.Very cool car.I"ve found my favourite In the showroom.Maranello red,sportkit,red sail carpit ,Mp3 etc.
Next week I"ll pay the deposit and will get it in january.The sad part is,I have to sell my beloved Alfa 147.

Georgee:slayer:

Good luck with it (y)

I really like the new Bravo, especially in the Maroon/Dark Red colour :D

Can you tell me guys,how about the fuel consumption at the Tjets on the road vs.factory given data.

Hi Folks,

I read in a car magazin ,that the new Bravo Tjet has a gasoline direct injection engine.Do you have any information about it?Or are these the reincarnations of the old Fire engine?:confused:

Last edited:
Back