General brava

Currently reading:
General brava

antsuno2

Established member
Ive just been reading a reliability yearly report that put the brava top and the multipla bottom oh! well, and the coupe drives around with the bonnet open. its on the start up page on aol and fiat came 20th overall moving up the table, it just so happens my bro in law traded in his rover a month ago for a brava and 2 weeks later HEADGASKET! but luckily claimed it back through the garage he bought it from so all's well good luck with the bravo's brava's Ant!

almost every rover will pop its head gasket at least twice in its life. usually a lot more. i've replaced more rover K-series head gaskets than all other cars put together. but apart from the head gasket issue (and rust) there is little else to be concerned with when owning a rover/mg. the k-series is a good engine.

replacing the head gasket with an uprated multi layered steel one (including steel dowels and new stretch bolts) should mean many years of trouble free motoring. very very few garages will bother using the uprated head gasket kits, so a recently repaired rover is still a big risk.

i usually add a coolant level sensor in the expansion tank to warn of head gasket failure before any head damage or overheating occurs. the rover head gasket problem can be greatly reduced without spending much money.

Rover headgasket he he so very true everyone knows, even my little girl points at them and goes (headgasket rover dad ) oh well it won't be long now and they'l be all in the graveyard, he seems to like the bravo apart from the tapes stuck in the deck and its the orangey colour not bad, Ant!

Back