Technical Brava running a bit hot!!

Currently reading:
Technical Brava running a bit hot!!

Hi all,

Long time no post. Been really busy in work of late, just goes to show how pants Pugs and Citoens ae he he!! :)

Hope someone can help me out with this. Last week or so, 2000(W) Brava running quite hot, neve used to budge above half, now she is hitting 1 notch under the red, which is quite worrying (especially when you are planning a trip to West Mids Safari Pak on Friday :) )
The fan is coming on, but only seems to run for about 5-10 secs, then cuts off. keeps coming on fairly regularly, but engine is not really cooling down. Have just bought a nice big bottle of quality oil, I notice the level has dropped to about half, but I wouldn't have thought that would be the cause, and the coolant level is smack on max.
My initial reaction is failing or fooked thermostat :confused: but if anyone can shed some light, I'd be grateful. (y)

Cheers
Phil

tried smacking the right side of the dash just to rule out the dodgy temp guage thats made its way onto alot of brava's ?
if its not that, i'd be concerned, as that temps going to have a chance of warping the head/gasket afair.
Has there been any coolent loss at all? or the heaters blowing cold ?
https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=18718

this was my thread I started on this problem I had, temps got as far as the first green dot below the red at new year. but the good hit to the dash was the cure.

Thanks guys..

It might be that dicky guage, it is very eratic. Temps have been solid half way or below up till now, no evidence of oil o coolant loss, in fact in the 7 months Ive had the car, ive never had to top up either. :eek: bette than the Laguna we had before.

Ill try the dash bang trick and let you know (y)

hmmm............................. :eek:

Smack instument panel in centre, handbrake w/light goes off, smack again, comed back on.

Ill keep trying and see what happens with temp guage, but I think you could be right.....................

What about the fan though........ :confused: Should it run in short bursts like it is, I thought it should stay on till temp comes down then go off.... :bang:

I still think maybe themostat or thermostatic switch might be dodgy........ (n)

Back