Technical Brava JTD 2001 Crank Sensor Position

Currently reading:
Technical Brava JTD 2001 Crank Sensor Position

si_f

Hi All,

Having been a Brava owner now for 5 weeks everything was running smoothly until the car cut out and would not restart for approx 10 minutes.
(This has happened a total of 4 times in four days now)

With the help your excellent forum, I believe the first port of call is the Crank sensor, only problem is, I cant find it.

From what I have read the position is the driver side front of the engine bay, and it should be pretty easy to remove. But the only 'sensor' I have found seems to be located under the timing belt cover, and under the cog holding the belt, which looks seemingly impossible to remove!!!

Is this the crank sensor?

Could somebody direct me to the right position?

Any help would be really appreciated

Cheers all

Simon

on the jtd it is facing the exhaust cam pulley so it sounds like you have found the right one (y)

i dont now how to remove it, i've little experience working on the jtd, and the fiat manual only has a description of the sensor, no diagrams and no removal procedure. i'd have to see it for myself, sorry.

Last edited:
It seems the sensor i thought was the crank sensor was actually the 'cam sensor', I found some pictures on google...

Does anbody else have an idea where to look?

Cheers all again

sorry, i though you were looking for the cam sensor.

on the JTD the crank sensor is in the same place as other models, facing the flywheel, thats the opposite side of the engine.

Its at the back of the engine, just above the starter. You'll see it if you get underneath, but it may be easier to remove the battery and tray and get in that way..

Owen.

Back