Brava for £1600 - Whaddya all think?

Currently reading:
Brava for £1600 - Whaddya all think?

C

Carroll

Hi guys, Only decent wheels found so far for sis-in-law is a 36,000 mile Brava 1.2, 2000 on an 'X' in silver, looks good'un, regularly serviced, (even rear wiper works, lol)

Has electric roof, one airbag, but I suspect no ABS? Anyone can confirm either way please?

Windscreen price is £1899(!), internet price is £1600 and the trader would'nt budge when I offered £1500 :( Guess he knows he can sell it.

It's alot to pay for a Brava these days, but most other things we've looked at have been sheds, (a 52 Punto for £1450, 'X' plate old Fiesta for £1100) or more expensive.

The advice I've given her so far is that the car itself is fine, but the price not great, so it's upto her to decide with her hubby tonight.

Too pricey for my liking as it wont be worth that unless she is gonna keep it for about 30 years.

cheers

robin

i sold my 1.2sx formula(better spec) with full history for less than that and that over two years ago!!

you will be able to get a same spec car for less money..

stephend

You never know what a trader has bought a car for however my reckonin is that he has at least £500 in the car. outside of a dealer i would pay no more than £800 and that would have to be a pristine example, good luck dude

that price is way over the top, i see puntos on 04/05 plates go for that.

doubt its ever had a cambelt either, so another £150-200 on top.

Too expensive or no, she's decided to buy it! lol

I suggested to her yesterday that she get them to throw-in a new M.o.T. and deliver it if she decided to buy it. It's a one-owner with FSH anyway, hence rear wiper/cambelt done.
Also turns-out it's got 10 months tax left on it, which was an unexpected bonus.

In the end, there was little else about within a 20 mile radius that was as new looking/safe/nice condition/low miles.
She seems to like the 'reassurance' of it coming from a long-established dealer, so although I would'nt be so happy to pay that much, she feels good enough about it.
Hell, if it's keeps reliable for 4 or 5 years it'll have paid it's way by then
- here's hoping :)