BRAVA CREEKY DOOR

Currently reading:
BRAVA CREEKY DOOR

I

Ian Jarvis

When I first got my May98 Brava , it was 7 months old and one niggle it had was a slightly creeky door which was rectified by DC Cook in Rochdale. One year later and out of warranty, it suddenly has started creeking so badly that it feels like the door is going to fall off.

Anyone got any personal experience of this problem and its it easy to DIY fix.

Ian Jarvis

Creaky Door

Just a thought - near the upper hinge and just tucked inside the upper part of the wing there is a shaped rubber 'bung' (for want of a better word) which acts as a seal of some sort. On my Brava this became dislodged and caused a squeaking sound whenever the door was opened until I spotted the problem and cured it by just pushing the bung back into the recess in the wing. If its not this then I can only guess the hinges are dry (unlikely on a car of this age?)

Good luck,

John

SUSSED IT OUT - BROKEN 'CHECK STRAP BRACKET'

The tension strap was loose in the door hinge area.
Took the door panel off and noticed that someone from DC COOK had butchered inside the panel. I've always had a grumble that the drivers door speaker buzzed at slightly higher than average volume......... this is because some cowboy from Rochdale DC COOK has just ripped all the plastic protection open and due to the type of thick plastic , it was that which was buzzing.

Anyhow, the bracket holding the check strap the the inside of the door had slimply just sheared bigstyle. I've just raced to DC COOK at 12.30 today expecting a shouting match...... but as a new unit only costed £5.99 inc vat and I was in a rush, I just left it at that.

But it is obvious that they are implicated in the fault. Apart from the ripped & jagged plastic stuffed inside, I've noticed one of the plastic trim studs is broke, the socket head screws holding the check bracket on are mangled and coincidentaly just before it was 12 months old, the electric window had jumped off the rubber guides. The moral of the story is .......all dealers are cowboys who pay 'kids' £4.00 per hour to learn about fixing things - on your car.

BTW If you saw 'Garages from hell' last week on the telly - Honest truth - I work with the bloke who was being mugged by Apples Car Clinic in Leeds for his BMW.

Ian Jarvis