Technical brava 80 16v cuttin out

Currently reading:
Technical brava 80 16v cuttin out

Wappa

Can u ppl help pls,my brava w reg,was ok,then restarted then continually cut out had to break with my left foot to stop it,,weird,eh?
Got to it after work and it was fine,,but u kno when ur not sure,,wel i wanst,but it didnt cut out,,idle was erratic
Any sugg
Wappa

Last edited:
You can get away with murder with the 80sx until it comes to tickover, then things have got to be just right. Check your plugs and plug leads. If you're in doubt change them. It only takes one plug lead tracking to earth. Make sure your air filters clean. If in doubt, change it.
Then reset your ECU to let it relearn the new changes. (Disconnect battery for at least 8 hours)

Check how she idles then.

Just had a diagnositic done,,its the atmospheric air pressure circuit,,Does anyone know what or were that is(the fault cocde is 0105),please help
Cheers
WAppa

Last edited:
You can check out fault codes here http://www.systemsc.com/codes.htm
It's saying MAP sensor but fault codes only put you in the right area. Other things could be causing the problem like an air leak, poor electrical contact on the sensor, it could even be a dirty idle air valve

I'd check the MAP sensor electical connector and then stick some carb cleaner down the idle valve intake and see what happens

I've got the same problem with my 80sx, is this a common fault? have you sorted yours out yet Wappa?
Dave.

well,cleaned the idle control,,aint cuttin out no more,,but revs really strange,,when slowin,,have to take it,,in gear beolw 1500rpm and it will idle perfectly.anythin above that it will stay at 1500rpm till comin to a stand,,then drops to 800 rpm,,any further suggs
Wappa

Back