Technical BRAVA 1.6 SX Injectors

Currently reading:
Technical BRAVA 1.6 SX Injectors

Jet48

Recently I had a problem with the injectors which reulted in part of the wiring burning out. I purchased a seconhand set of 4 off a chap breaking a 2005 motor. Now comming to fit them the guy doing the job says that the ones I bought are wrong they are blue plastic type and the ones in the motor are metal, my motor is a year 2000 model. Can anyone help as I thought that these are a modification on the old type?

you simply look at your upper inlet manifold. the old style ones are metal, the new style ones are black plastic. that tells you which injectors you need. if the donor car has the same upper inlet manifold then you'll have no problem.

Thanks for the info I've looked at the car and guess what I've got the wrong ones bought pastic instead of metal. So now have look for some metal injectors. In the meantime anyone looking for a set of plastic injectors I've got four I dont need :)

unfortunately the ones you have bought are the ones that are much less likely to fail. meaning they are less in demand and harder to sell. i've sold dozens of the ones you need, and none of the ones you've bought. bad news :(

i have just bought some of these cos my car is currently off the road cos of misfire. I would offer to sell you one or two but tbh i think i am better off keeping on to them as i have already gone through 3 in the last 12 months LOL!

Back