Technical Brava 1.4 chugging like a tractor!

Currently reading:
Technical Brava 1.4 chugging like a tractor!

BrianMack

Hi there,

My 1.4 Brava seems to be chugging a little bit at the moment, it only started the other day and seemed absolutely fine before then. It is more noticeable when idling, but I also think it's not driving as smoothly as it used to. It's fairly subtle, but there's some definite chugging going on there. Any ideas? Could it be an oil related problem? I have heard that it's necessary to replace the oil pipes fom time to time on a Brava. Grateful for any ideas!

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Brian,
This is strange another 1.4 suffering from chugging at idle. There have been a few recently
How has your injector problem been? What fixed it?

I also had the same injector problem, I have replaced the throttle body because the Throttle Potentiometer was faulty, causing the ECU to choose the wrong fuel map. My car is noticeably smoother now.

Also strange that in my local scrap yard five 1.4s have had the throttle body taken within the space of two weeks.

Must be something in the air! :D
I changed the lambda sensor a while back and that seems to have sorted out most of the problems, it was idling really nicely (until very recently that is!). I still find that the engine loses power, but only very occasionally when driven over 70mph, so I decided just to leave it unless it got any worse and/or started to happen at slower speeds. I have a spare throttle body to hand just in case!
The chugging symptoms are different, but I guess they could still be related somehow?

Back