Technical Brand New Panda 4x4 Cross - Leaking Boot

Currently reading:
Technical Brand New Panda 4x4 Cross - Leaking Boot

ArcusFlyer

Hi all,

Picked up a brand new Panda cross last week. Great fun to drive, very happy BUT - there is water leaking into the boot when it rains. Looks to be coming from under the vertical carpet on the right hand (drivers side) wall of the boot. Any ideas where it could be coming from? Doesn't look like the boot seal as its coming from behind the carpet, perhaps the light cluster?Very disappointing for a brand new car. Taking it back to the dealer this Fri. See Pic in later post.

Thanks

Here's the pic:

20160712_122421_zpspipg2gv6.jpg

Last edited:
Hi.
Is the water ingress at stationary ? or only on wet roads ?

Might help the garage identify the leak if you can establish whether it is above/below.

Thanks for the replies. Pretty sure it's coming from above. I dried it all out 100% then left it on the drive overnight during rain. Next morning the little pools of water under the side carpet had returned.

Check that there's nothing dislodged or mis-fitted under the petrol filler flap, as that's an obvious candidate I'd have thought.

I've not looked at the route the rear washer pipework takes, but the fluid isn't washer stuff is it? This is a popular failure on Audi A6 Avants, as there's a connector in the boot side and it does pretty much the same. Just worth a check of that too.

Hi all,

Picked up a brand new Panda cross last week. Great fun to drive, very happy BUT - there is water leaking into the boot when it rains. Looks to be coming from under the vertical carpet on the right hand (drivers side) wall of the boot. Any ideas where it could be coming from? Doesn't look like the boot seal as its coming from behind the carpet, perhaps the light cluster?Very disappointing for a brand new car. Taking it back to the dealer this Fri. See Pic in later post.

Thanks
Our Lounge had a gaping hole where the panels wern't sealed properly, behind and under thte rear light cluster. Not visible until the light cluster was removed. A large dob of Unibond 30 year guaranteed mastic has seen it dry for 3.5 years now. The gap was 10mm square!. I imagine it is not the only one poorly assembled!. Dealer had already replaced the boot mat as I pointed out it was soaking. They offered to fix the hole but I dont think they would improve matters so declined the offer. On a new car I would ask Fiat customer services for some goodies in compensation. This they seem prepared to do readliy. They just instruct the dealer to give!

Our Lounge had a gaping hole where the panels wern't sealed properly, behind and under thte rear light cluster. Not visible until the light cluster was removed. A large dob of Unibond 30 year guaranteed mastic has seen it dry for 3.5 years now. The gap was 10mm square!. I imagine it is not the only one poorly assembled!. Dealer had already replaced the boot mat as I pointed out it was soaking. They offered to fix the hole but I dont think they would improve matters so declined the offer. On a new car I would ask Fiat customer services for some goodies in compensation. This they seem prepared to do readliy. They just instruct the dealer to give!
@The Panda Nut - Did you spot you've replying to an old thread, last active in 2016? The date of each post in a thread is at the top of the message...
1647265397982.png

Last edited:
Back