Technical braking problems

Currently reading:
Technical braking problems

novapower

can anyone help
i have been having trouble with braking on my punto mk1 55s .........
the drivers side brake system seems to be sticking after stripping it down and relising the hub was red hot i checked it out and found the rear brake pad to be warped (bent)
so i replaced the pads thinking thias was the problem but the drivers side brake still kept sticking so i changed the front disc as well as the servo and master cylinder but but found it to be the same (STILL STICKING ) so i stripped it down again to find it had bent the rear pad yet again.
when the pads are in and put back togeghther it takes some force to move the wheel manually while jacked up i have tried thinking of all reasons why this is doing this so if anyne can help out there PLEASE let me know its driving me MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it the right pads that are fitted? It sounds as if the pads are a bit too big and aren't fitting against the disc properly, then when you brake the piston is actually bending the back plate of the pad. Quite often there can be two different pad shapes for a car, it depends what the application book in the shop says.

Was the car driving OK and then the pads were changed? Or has it just started to happen? If it's just started to happen then the caliper carrier could be loose and moving about a bit or something?

i think its been doing it for a while since i got the car as when i took the first set of brake shoes out they was the same ...
it seems to be only doing it on the drivers side passenger side seems ok and braking fine its just drivers side i have checked the calliper and that seems to be pushing out and releasing fine just dont understand why just the one wheel

novapower said:
i think its been doing it for a while since i got the car as when i took the first set of brake shoes out they was the same ...
it seems to be only doing it on the drivers side passenger side seems ok and braking fine its just drivers side i have checked the calliper and that seems to be pushing out and releasing fine just dont understand why just the one wheel
Is it the front brake or the rear brake?

Back