General Brakes

Currently reading:
General Brakes

Hi all, im interested in gettin some performance disks and pads but i aint sure which one to get. dont want nothin to pricey. im was just wonderin which ones you would recommend and if pos. where i can get them from

Thanks

Paul

Red Dot six grooved with durved grooves with fast road pads. Can deliver them for £115 incl. of delivery = 20% off list + delivery.

I use them on all my cars.

The Red Dot's are a top quality product, i've run them for over a year and they have been a very good purchase. Predictable and highly effective response everytime you press the pedal.

just a question, whats the difference between the red dot discs and the ones on eBay for £39.99? was thinking about them and the green stuff pads...
Anyone know where to get brembo calipers from aswell :yum: might get some if theyre available...

Craig

TurboCinqy said:
just a question, whats the difference between the red dot discs and the ones on eBay for £39.99? was thinking about them and the green stuff pads...
Anyone know where to get brembo calipers from aswell :yum: might get some if theyre available...

Craig
in the same post you talk about fitting no name disc and spending the cash on brembo calipers:confused:

as ive posted before IMO the cheap ones will most likely be machined plain discs whereas the red dots are designed from the offset to be grooved etc for performance fast road use.
what brembo calipers were you thinking of fitting?

well i just want the red calipers with the brembo written on them to make it look good behind the alloy... :p could just spray calipers and get a brembo sticker i guess, do you reckon it would melt??

custard boy said:
in the same post you talk about fitting no name disc and spending the cash on brembo calipers :confused:

well if theyre the same just without the name, (like tesco value chocolate tastes better than cadburys) then its a way of saving £80ish that i could spend on spraying of my kit and MOT...

TurboCinqy said:
well i just want the red calipers with the brembo written on them to make it look good behind the alloy... :p could just spray calipers and get a brembo sticker i guess, do you reckon it would melt??

well if theyre the same just without the name, (like tesco value chocolate tastes better than cadburys) then its a way of saving £80ish that i could spend on spraying of my kit and MOT...

course if you shop around you may get a bargain.i got red dot punto gt discs for £50 from halfords on clearence.
hammerite smooth works well on calipers

arc said:
i've driven a cinq with them £40 ebay discs on (don't recall what pads) - and oh dear is all i'll say about them

lol, i think Bushboy had them on his cinq, (therefore Randomman should have them now) when i went up, look quite good,

are they worse than normal brakes, as if they arent then come brake changing time i may aswell buy them for about £20 more and get the looks aswell :cool:

i meant would the brembo sticker, had red calipers on the blackun, but couldnt see because of GT alloys, now with the Sei alloys would look good imo....

TurboCinqy said:
lol, i think Bushboy had them on his cinq, (therefore Randomman should have them now) when i went up, look quite good,

are they worse than normal brakes, as if they arent then come brake changing time i may aswell buy them for about £20 more and get the looks aswell :cool:

i meant would the brembo sticker, had red calipers on the blackun, but couldnt see because of GT alloys, now with the Sei alloys would look good imo....

i rate them as worse than normal brakes. they just felt..well, crap. Skim with brakes if you want - i certainly bloody wouldnt!

my 1 year old red dot 6 grooves:

Attachments

• brake_disc.jpg
    brake_disc.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 15
TurboCinqy said:
cheers mate, i want holes and grooves in mine though if i get them, do look good though and id rather be safe than sorry at the end of the day..

Don't get drilled and grooved can be prone to cracking under heavy use would rather not risk it and keep with the tried and tested grooved ones :)

Back