Technical brakes

Currently reading:
Technical brakes

jimmy

hi guys just ordered some driled and grooved discs off ebay for 40 notes do i need to change my pads when i change the discs (they havent long been done)
if so am i write in thinking that theyre pretty cheap in halfords at the moment

The bloke you bought the disc's off will supply you with the pads as well. I know I bought a set of disc's and pads from the same people a few weeks ago (y)

Hi,
Yeah best to change the pads when you change discs cos you don't want your old pads fecking up your new discs and you won't have to wait as long for them to bed in if they are both new..

Thanks
Paul T

just checking havent changed brake discs b4 but its basically take the wheel off and undo the 2 bolts that hold it on and then take off the disc isnt it ? and also change the pads

thanks arc
are the old ones hard to get off (physically after the bolts are undone)
is it a good tug or a malet jobby?

another question
ive fitted the discs and new pads is it normal for 1 side to brake better than the other cos at the moment ive only done about 3 miles but the passenger side looks like its starting to bed cos theres even ware on the disc but on the drivers side its only wareing(sorry cant spell) on the top of the disc?

Whilst were on the subject of bedding in...

Ive just replace my pads and discs and bedded them in as advised (300miles town driving) - but my passenger side front wheel is locking much much sooner than the drivers side under heavy braking. Theyre wearing evenly and the tyres arent on backwards, so Im stumped. Anyone any better ideas?

arc said:
less weight on that side of the car.. stop needing to brake so hard it locks :p

Well, the Tyre pressure on the driver's side is 6psi low....that might explain it :eek:

hi guys ive done few more miles today 40 ish but the passenger side doesnt seem to have worn at all apart from about 3/4" on the outer of the rim but its even on the drivers side do u still think i should forget about it until ive done a few more miles or could there be a problem?

ust double checking :)

Back