Technical Brakes!!

Currently reading:
Technical Brakes!!

P17TY M

Im looking at changing the brakes on the sei soon and wondered if there was a handy step by step guide anywhere that people could point out to me. Ive looked throught this section, not found much and havent got a haynes manual! cheers in advance guys

Sorry to thread jack, but does anyone have any recommendations for brakes, will upgraded disks and pads like ebc or black diamond really make a big improvement as i am finding that the current brakes are a bit shoddy, is this normal?
Thanks

TBH i think the standard brakes are more than adequate for a standard tune cinq/sei if they are in good working order..
No experience with uprated stuff designed for a cento but most of the turbo's are running either uno turbo or puntoGT brakes. Again not sure about UnoT ones but PuntoGT front brakes are a direct swap for the cento, as long as you have 14" or bigger wheels, they won't fit in 13" but Uno Turbo ones will.

Have a search of the forum loads of threads on this ;)

Get the standard ones working well, with good pads and shoes, and make sure the calipers move smoothly. If the fuid hasn't been changed recently, do that too, making sure its properly bled.

Then decide whether you need better brakes.

Cheers

D

Back