Technical Brakes

Currently reading:
Technical Brakes

GeX

Established member
I need to purchase some new brakes for my Sei, the stopping on it is worryingly pants atm. Looking at my sei.com, they are selling and therefore endorse Red dot disks and pads. Anyone with opinions on these?

Also is it worth uprating the rear drums?
Ta

GeX
"Women are hurt by the smallest things, like papercuts and... childbirth!"

after watching my brakes fry on the Isle of Man TT course. I think I need some new brakes. they're fine for now though!lol

Sie
Black 96P Cinq Sporting
OMP Strut Brace, Apex -40mm kit, GSR F1i Induction, Pioneer ICE
routebanner.gif

I had Green Stuff V4's Stay away from them, they are crap, fade like cheese and put out loads of dust, Mintex are v good

Steve Wright

http://www.chestermodels.com/fiat

http://www.offroading.net

The DS2000's are my next choice, heard good things about them, Tweeks push the greenstuff pads but as Steve says there mince! Best to get discs too for the full benefitm my discs and pads were £106 in total for Tarox D & G discs with Tarox Pads, what a difference!

Nearly puts your head through the screen!

Liam

the puntoGT discs and calipers fit on the cinq as long as you have 14"+ wheels dont they, is it the same deal with the sei?

Cinq Sporting - and yes, its broom yellow!

Yeah been thinking about Punto GT disks, since seeing Dj Buchos post. But as i have high lighted elsewhere, it renders your spare un-useable. I suppose you could use tyre weld instead. I have 14" rims so its an option.
Decided against drums, but wanna put braided hoses on. I am guessing this is an easy enough job?
If i buy an uprated system will it prevent my brakes from cooking so quickly. I have a nasty habit of getting a very soft peddal atm.
Ta for the suggestions thus far.

GeX
"Women are hurt by the smallest things, like papercuts and... childbirth!"

Sorry to pinch the thread but, are the black diamond breaks of fastfiat.com any good? Im thinking of getting a set for my cinq even though its the slow cinq i still like stopping quickly!

Chris

Originally posted by GeX

Decided against drums, but wanna put braided hoses on. I am guessing this is an easy enough job?
GeX

Check the size of the 'nut' on the braided hoses, it should be 17mm across the flats, not 19mm, or you'll have to file all your brackets :(

Tosh

**Men don't stop playing because they grow old; they grow old because they stop playing.**

Back