Technical brake lights...

Currently reading:
Technical brake lights...

cinqy_smurf

i had a dodgy one before my mot,but thought id sorted it out with a new bulb and swapping the unit for a spare i had, now both have gone completely, gonna check the connections, just wondering what else could have gone wrong?
Mot retest is monday so time is of the essence :S

is there a fuse just for the brake lights? anything else likely to have caused it? all the other lights work.

switch seemed fine, the offside bulb had gone so i changed that and still nothing, couldnt find any blown fuses either so im stumped, going to call out a mobile autoelectrician this arvo to see if they can get it done, i really need to pass this mot!

I had a similar problem this week, no brake lights, bulbs were fine, tail lights worked ok, put bulb in 'wrong' way to check both filaments. The switch was okay, fuse was okay. In the end i took the fuse out while the ignition was still on, put the fuse back in and saw a small spark as i put it back in, tried it all again and they worked. Not sure what the problem was, but removing and re-fitting the fuse seemed to get the desired result. So maybe it was dirty or loose connection of the fuse to the holder. Try putting the fuse (or even a new on) in and out a few times. Worth a try and its free.

cinqy_smurf said:
switch seemed fine, the offside bulb had gone so i changed that and still nothing, couldnt find any blown fuses either so im stumped, going to call out a mobile autoelectrician this arvo to see if they can get it done, i really need to pass this mot!
you would be better putting the money towards a multimeter to get to the root.that way you can check for voltages and continuity

the electrician just left (ive been at work so only just saw your replies, cheers guys) he found some dodgy wiring near the switch (i didnt see it, but then im crap at electrics) all sorted now, panic over :)

Back