Technical Brake Fluid Leak

Currently reading:
Technical Brake Fluid Leak

oriongreypunto

hey

was cleaning the car today when i came across come yellow type of fluid on one of the front disks brakes , its not covering the disk but there is run marks on the disk.

does this sound like a brake fluid leak ?

cheers

oriongreypunto

Very hard to tell from that, is the brake fluid low?, is it on the gearbox side? I doubt its brake fluid more likely gearbox oil but don't drive it till your sure its not brake fluid.

hey

thanks for the reply , i have checked the fluid level and it is fine so maybe it is not brake fluid. Yes it is on the side of the gear box and i think it may be gear box oil as when i had my last service they told me that the gearbox oil was low and i possibly may have a small leak in the box , they said it is nothing to worry about so im guessing this may be some gear box oil.

oriongreypunto

Just be aware that if you run your gearbox with no oil it'll ruin it (internally).

Be also aware if the gearbox is leaking oil it may leak onto your clutch causing th clutch to slip.Get it seen to asap!

I have a brake fliud leak on my clutch slave cylinder apparently thats whats caused my clutch to go. take heed

hey

thanks for the replys (y)

have checked the disk and the area around the disk the last couple of days and there doesnt seem to be any fluid there , maybe it was just something i have went over :eek:

the brakes are working fine just now

just to make sure i have got the car booked in for wednesday to a local garage to double check the brake fluid and the gear box , as i mentioned in another post that when the car starts from cold it is difficult to shift into first and second gears but when the car warms up the gear changing is much smoother and stays that way for the rest of the day.

oriongreypunto

Mastery said:
I have a brake fliud leak on my clutch slave cylinder apparently thats whats caused my clutch to go. take heed

I can relate! I had to replace my clutch slave and that part which sits ontop of ur alternator (u can see it if u look at the alternator) to get my brake fliud to stop, it was proper stressing me cos it took me ages to spot both problems. Luckily my clutch didnt need replacing. Soon maybe!

Back