Styling Brake Calipers & Drums - Painting

Currently reading:
Styling Brake Calipers & Drums - Painting

Hi All,

Hope everyone is good.

I've been a tart and ordered myself yet another set of wheels (Couldnt resist, brand new in boxes and got them for an absolute steal!)

Now the thing is the style of these wheels you will now see my brake calipers and drums so thought it best I give them a tidy up.

I've just replaced the discs and pads and gave the caliper a damn good clean up but is still looking rather sorry for itself.

My question is, what paint should I use? I've been told hammerite is a good choice?

Also a bit torn as to the colour of the calipers too, was thinking of red or silver. (Drums definately going black!)

Thanks in advance :)

Drums Must go Black or dark grey
Drums aint fancy - Sorry

Calipers are best off been removed to paint properly as it'll need a darn good clean/wire wheel

If your feeling like going next step - paint the hat on your disk, as it'll help with the apperance

Ziggy

I agree re drums, were going black anyways.

I gave the calipers a good clean at the weekend when I replaced the discs and pads so hoping they will clean up nice.

Is hammerite good stuff to use or better to go with 'caliper paint'?

Thanks,

Charlie.

I agree re drums, were going black anyways.

I gave the calipers a good clean at the weekend when I replaced the discs and pads so hoping they will clean up nice.

Is hammerite good stuff to use or better to go with 'caliper paint'?

Thanks,

Charlie.

Which ever has the better Heat resistance :)

Hammerite might be okay for little work drums do - but may still peal over time

Where as caliper paint usualy is designed to cope with the higher heat of what calipers do - turn kinetic energy into Heat

Back