Brake Caliper Rebuild Kits

Currently reading:
Brake Caliper Rebuild Kits

Badger_Benji

Help, im looking for a brake caliper rebuild kit for a pair of fiat punto gt calipers. Ordering parts from my local fiat dealer is a nightmare. I have looked for an online shop, and my local motor factors who could only offer me part exchange calipers.

Theres a few things to consider here befor you rebuild your calipers firstly the condition of the caliper its self and the piston bore because if damage has occured to the bore then basicaly its not worth repairing and considering that you can get a part ex caliper then I would go for the saftey aspect over cheap repair anyday BUT the choice is YOURS :)

They are all stripped down and look fine, I just thought whilst i have the opportunity to rebuild them I thought I would. Im one of those people who love to tinker.

Well tinker away but beware as I said at the safety aspect [as long as you feel confident the rebuild is done safely]its your decision :)

Thank you for your input PNL, but basically you dont know where else to get a seal kit from. Yes I am aware of the safety aspects, yes I have rebuilt calipers before, and yes I know how to suck eggs :rolleyes:

Badger, was swotting up on this just last week, the seal kits and pistions are avaialble from here www.brakeparts.co.uk but are quite expensive meaning the kits are not far off the cost of new ones but if you don't mind then let me know how hard it was.

Liam

Thank you for that, unfortunately they dont list rebuild kits on there website but will contact them.

Badger_Benji said:
Thank you for that, unfortunately they dont list rebuild kits on there website but will contact them.

Sorry, I wasn't too clear, locate the front calipers for the GT then click on the blue button entitled "associated" and you'll see what I mean.

The website uses flash otherwise I would have provided a direct link.

Liam

Badger_Benji said:
Thank you for your input PNL, but basically you dont know where else to get a seal kit from. Yes I am aware of the safety aspects, yes I have rebuilt calipers before, and yes I know how to suck eggs :rolleyes:

And yes it would appear you got out of bed the wrong side this morning:rolleyes:

Thanks bloomfeldian and PNL, all ordered, and loads cheaper than fiat as well, they were asking £16.44 just for the slide boots :eek:

Extracted some very stuck bleed screws the other night, thought i was going to be beat but no there was the right tool in the box to extract them, so i was :)

Back