General Bozzy & Seraph chat about springs n stuff :D

Currently reading:
General Bozzy & Seraph chat about springs n stuff :D

Right, so i'll be calling unicar tomorrow to get my deposit back. they can give me my 80 notes, and i'll buy some spax or koni adjustables from hellfrauds with my over time vouchers...

they are doing my head in... thoroughly!

sorry to hear that seraph, i got my brakes sorted today, they did a decent job, the brakes look the part for what car they are on :) hope you get things sorted

crazy

***UPDATE***

Unicar: We have placed orders with Apex, PI & G-Max, so whichever arrives first we'll fit...

Me: Errr... hang about. I ordered and paid for Apex, not PI or G-Max.

Unicar: Well they're the same spring set.

Me: No, 2 of them are not Apex.

Unicar: Well I'll call you tomorrow morning with an update about what's going on. once they arrive we could get a booking within a day.

Hmm.... I wait with baited breath.... of course I wont hold my breath.

Seraph said:
***UPDATE***

Unicar: We have placed orders with Apex, PI & G-Max, so whichever arrives first we'll fit...

Me: Errr... hang about. I ordered and paid for Apex, not PI or G-Max.

Unicar: Well they're the same spring set.

Me: No, 2 of them are not Apex.

Unicar: Well I'll call you tomorrow morning with an update about what's going on. once they arrive we could get a booking within a day.

Hmm.... I wait with baited breath.... of course I wont hold my breath.
Seraph, take no carp. Apex is what you want so settle for nothing less. I have to call Eibach in the morning to arrange a replacement set for mine. I hope they are as professional as you hear as I haven't the energy for a ding dong. If not I'l happily take a drive to Leicester and have it out on their doorstep. We are both destined not to have our cars lowered :(

Since this is my thread, I'm hijacking it. i don't want to create a new thread for what i'm about to ask...

I'm planning on fitting the strutbrace myself (cos i blatantly can't wait forever for things to get done).
This will be the first thing i've done to my stilo that could be pretty much irreprable.
Honestly, how easy is it to stuff it up?

Seraph said:
Since this is my thread, I'm hijacking it. i don't want to create a new thread for what i'm about to ask...

I'm planning on fitting the strutbrace myself (cos i blatantly can't wait forever for things to get done).
This will be the first thing i've done to my stilo that could be pretty much irreparable.
Honestly, how easy is it to stuff it up?

Hi Seraph the hardest part of the operation is tapping the self tapping bolts into the suspension tops and if you don't get that right you will be left with a loose brace and at the worst 6 holes in the body where the brace should have been its fiddly but not impossible just make sure the drill holes are the correct size or you WILL have trouble tapping the bolts good luck just take your time doing it :)

right. i've gotta get to b&q for dril bits, seems some fcker has robbed everything of any use from my garage.

Unicar have finaly got round to giving me a time frame... but i've had to accept PI springs, as Apex were gonna be a further 2 weeks!! :eek: perhaps if they'd been ordered 4friggin weeks ago, they'd have them now. :mad:

Anyway, i'm not fussed, they are 35-40 as opposed to 30-35. which is better i guess.
I'm gonna fit my strut brace myself, and let them know that once they've completed this bit of work they will not be having to do any more work on my car.
:bang: (n)

STRUT = BRACED.

No unforseen difficulty, (beyond me being a pus*y), and thanks to the guide from Ben R, only took me 45mins. Winner! (y)

Last edited:
Seraph said:
STRUT = BRACED.

No unforseen difficulty, (beyond me being a *****), and thanks to the guide from Ben R, only took me 45mins. Winner! (y)

Well done mate (y) have you noticed the difference ?

Not driven it yet, gonna go out in about 30 mins so we'll see if i can give it some play... not sure how much I should've "tightened" the centre bolt though...

Considerable improvement on the understear factor... can't wait til it's lowered too... will be the mutts nuts then! (y)

I take it by that then your one happy stilo owner (y) and did you sort out the tension of the nut issue ? You need to tighten just enough until you feel the pressure build up from both strut mounts OK (y) not to tight and not to slack :)

PNL said:
I take it by that then your one happy stilo owner (y) and did you sort out the tension of the nut issue ? You need to tighten just enough until you feel the pressure build up from both strut mounts OK (y) not to tight and not to slack :)
well i cranked it til it was "right", then gave it another twist and I saw the struts climb a little, so i thought it must've been right.

bozzy said:
Jeez, they just turned up. Look ok but these ones are Red where the old ones were Black. Koarang, were your ones (correct ones) red?

Just might be nearly there, god I hope so.

Good luck this time round Bozzy...!

Back