General Bozzy & Seraph chat about springs n stuff :D

Currently reading:
General Bozzy & Seraph chat about springs n stuff :D

Out of interest, I've obviously just paid for springs for my car, (cos you don't get a full suspension for £100). How much do you reckon I'd benefit from a full sports suspension kit? I'm interested in getting the sports shockers too... but they aren't cheap.

bozzy said:
I just received my Eibachs and am wondering now why I didn't go the whole hog and get the struts as well from the same place. After Brooklands I will order the Eibach dampers. Think they were £359.00 all in.

Just ordered my OMP strut brace on saturday.. it didn't only arrive today :eek:

www.strutbracer.com or whatever... awesome... fecking awesome... great price and damn speedy delivery...
now if only that service could rub off on Unicar... we wait for Richard to get back to me tomorrow with the Apex order...

Bozzy, thought u were going for apex too?

seraph, nice one with your strut brace, good price too (y) hope unicar isnt always all talk as ive ordered black diamond discs and pads and they said they will be here by thursday and fit thursday ready for my trip to brooklands on the friday night :(

unicar leeds? richard, short hair, kind of short?

Dave

crazydave said:
seraph, nice one with your strut brace, good price too (y) hope unicar isnt always all talk as ive ordered black diamond discs and pads and they said they will be here by thursday and fit thursday ready for my trip to brooklands on the friday night :(

unicar leeds? richard, short hair, kind of short?

Dave
That's the guy. Previously they've been nothing but top notch... actually. they've been a little overpriced, but all round the service is good, they do a 6month interest free finance (if you need it, ideal for wheels), and everything they do is covered under their own warranty... previously, no copmlaints....

Brooklands is too far for me to travel, and I'm at an Engagement party onSat night, so despite how much I might want to... I can't... besides, I wont have my springs and calipers sorted by then (n)

Seraph said:
That's the guy. Previously they've been nothing but top notch... actually. they've been a little overpriced, but all round the service is good, they do a 6month interest free finance (if you need it, ideal for wheels), and everything they do is covered under their own warranty... previously, no copmlaints....

dont get me wrong his intentions are often good but well fails to deliver on time, i speak to phil normally, he knows his stuff in depth and doesnt mess about, hopefully my brakes will be fitted tommorow otherwise i might regret this post, im counting on you phil :)

crazydave said:
dont get me wrong his intentions are often good but well fails to deliver on time, i speak to phil normally, he knows his stuff in depth and doesnt mess about, hopefully my brakes will be fitted tommorow otherwise i might regret this post, im counting on you phil :)

yea, well today, Richard did not get back to me. But alas, phil has also failed. so i'm stuck with not having it sorted STILL :bang:

Seraph said:
yea, well today, Richard did not get back to me. But alas, phil has also failed. so i'm stuck with not having it sorted STILL :bang:

sorry to hear that, i sometimes doubt unicars services but they normally impress me when it comes to the crunch, hope today is the same as off for my brakes, i stressed to them that it was important to get them fitted by friday, they said they will be ready so fingers crossed :eek:

let us know how you get on seraph, and pics at the end of it ;)

Ive got some spax springs i ordered on monday and they came yesturday

There 35mm and from Halfords Cost me 120 for the set :) Getting them fitted in time for sunday cruise :)

bozzy said:
Anybody know which way the springs go on, large fat ones at front or back, skinny ones at front?
the more dumpy ones to the rear and the slimar ones to the front. On mine there is markings to tell you which is which But to make sure take the old one off and site them side by side

StiloJoe said:
the more dumpy ones to the rear and the slimar ones to the front. On mine there is markings to tell you which is which But to make sure take the old one off and site them side by side

No, dumpy one to front, skinny to rear. Eibach (phoned them) and they said HV goes front (dumpy) HA to rear (skinny). I thought the same as you until I called them.

Trust me when the old ones come off they bear no resemblance to the originals.

1.8Stilo said:
also make sure you get them right way up when you fitted them as theres a top and a bottom even though they look the same each end, i fink on eibach there should be a white dot one end so you can tell which is which!

No dot but they said as long as the writing is the correct way up, readable then you got it right.

bozzy said:
Thinking I should have gone a bit lower now I seen yours/others.

I nearly went for the -30mm eibach but when for the -50mm on a last minute decision! The stilo does sit very high standard! The handling and body roll reduction from the lowering is ace (y) Although the -50mm is quite stiff, you feel all the bumps :rolleyes: i'd say the -30mm is more practical :)

Back