Currently reading:
Bought a new car ....

wolfracepunto said:
:D

Dont forget Dave though. Im not scared of him
nutkick.gif

nervous.gif
I'll set sammi on you :mad:

Well me mum liked it, and given the critieria i had been given only the A-team could had done better. It is a V6 Zetec S which is the model below the ST and brand new was £18650, it was 3 years old in January of this year so still quite new, she has a mondeo now and only changing due to age of the vehicle, plus wanted something else.

JTD Monkey said:
Is it the Zetec S V6 or a normal Zetec on optional 18's?

My mate has a Zetec S V6 Estate which he is getting rid of; his misses, who drives like a nun, can only get 19mpg out of it :eek:

If it's not the V6, I hope it is the TDCi as I have had a few petrol Mondeo hire cars (1.8 and 2.0) in the land of the Autobahn and, to say the least, they are guttless...

Well my mum doesn't drive that much - and was happy with the 1.8 zetec but basically shes had some right disaster cars and the mondeo now she likes so she sticking with what she knows.

Nice car, my fleet of engineers have moved over to Mondeo's (from Vauxhall) and the reliability has improved dramatically. They love them particularly in diesel mode. If I went mainstream I'd pick the Mondeo every time. Nice colour and lovely wheels btw.

wolfracepunto said:
Your uncle's mate. ;) I think you need to realise that other cars do exist and are good, instead of thinking 'Not Fiat, so its crap'. Its getting a bit boring now...

Come on now, we all know Beau is the voice of experience. I mean, just because he's yet to even drive a car doesn' t mean he doesn't... erm... doesn't... hasn't... erm... I dunno. Maybe he does know what he's talking about, or then again, maybe he doesn't :p :p :p

KoArAnG said:
That looks really nice for a Mondeo, it would look even better with some black alloys to go with that colour bodywork, but I spose your mums not gonna be up for that is she ;)

Might be changing the side repeaters for clear ones so i dunno - anything that is changed/modded will have to go through a strict code of colour co-ordination and suitability on the car LOL. She wasn't interested in alloys or equipment, just that it looked right and the colour was nice and oh and that it was under budget as well.

Last edited:
Well picked it up today and really happy so far - been looking at all features on the car and very not bad, especially liked the global opening/closing on it and driving is really good with the lazy V6 underneath.

Only downside was the rear tyres need swapping round as the direction of rotation is the wrong way :( , but thats just a 10 min job and sorted.

Back