Technical Both rear lights have failed! Help!!

Currently reading:
Technical Both rear lights have failed! Help!!

witters

Lets just start by saying I know more about quantum physics than cars electronics. And I failed physics GCSE. :confused:

My Punto's (1999) rear lights have both failed. Surely not both bulbs going at once? And I've checked the fuse in the fusebox (and changed to a new one). And still the same problem. Front headlights work fine, rear lights... no one home.

Any ideas before I pay someone far too much money to do something I can rectify?

Thanks guys. You never let me down!

sounds like the usuall bad ground in the rear lights., are any of the rear lights working? reverse, for etc,

take the rear lights off and give the metal contacts a good clean and them trial fit them to see if they work, also check the bulbs while your doing it.,(y)

Yeah as vtec said, is there any rear lights working at all? Two bulbs can blow at once, ive seen it happen, but most likely its an earth problem very common on the puntos, clean all the connections (plug and connector) in the tail lights, take out all the bulbs and clean the connectors.

Makes a change, mine usually flash when in combination with brakes/indicators/when they feel like it! The above solutions have always cured any probs Ive had with rear lights. Although at one point I had to do it every couple of months but touch wood hasnt done it for about a year now

Back