Bored of my Cinq...

Currently reading:
Bored of my Cinq...

Sando

Established member
Im afraid to say it...Im bored of my Cinq already. I've got to that stage where I no longer drive carefully to treat it well...I just thrash the arse off it, Im talking 100mph the whole 30 miles home from work!. I think its a sign that I need something a bit faster...Im thinking Punto HGT, 17" Chrome alloys, Abarth bodykit, Smooth tailgate....then get a Novitec 300bhp turbo engine.

Anyone else got any ideas on how to cure me of my dismal situation?

how can u get bored of ur cinq? ive had 4 cars since i passed my test in 98 and this is the first car i have ever kept for longer than a year.. u just need some imagination!! if u want something faster, y not get an engine conversion or chip it..? (don't know much bout engine mods).. don't u get a slight bhp increase with a filter and sports exhaust?

you could see if any garages will do a real mad engine conversion.. be the first person ever to have a 2 litre engine in one or something...

fABULOUS, fEMALE aND tOTALLY fLIPPED

Heres you complaining of driving a Sporting!

Imagine the hell some of us have to go through caning the arse off the 900cc Fiat lump the the Cinq and Sei... now that gets boring quickly.

Its all meant in jest really, as I do havbe a plan to obtain a Spoting Cinq soon....

Arse

The cure is to stick in a 1242 or 1.4 Uno turbo block in and watch it fly!!

1993 Cinq SX, with the world's dodgiest fuel tank! Free fuel? Folllow Me!!

Sando its a phase don't worry you'll pull through mate

I have considerably more mods, THAN YOU!​
voldar02.gif
Pssssst my cars for sale​

HippyCinq, its because of cars like yours that I get bored easily! I'd like to be able to blow all my money on it but I cant get that nagging feeling from my head that says "its a Cinquecento that cost £2000!" Is it worth modding? Being different is cool, theres loads of Cinqs about, but next to none that are even slightly modded.
An engine swap would be cool, I keep saying to my mates that when I win the lottery I'll get a Coupe Turbo engine in the front and one in the back and go to Nottingham cruise and blow all the Evo's and Impreza's away!

If I keep it Im gonna get a bodykit (Storm 2 kit?) and paint job (a pastal job), some 15's and all the extras like K and N, Exhaust etc...

I'll have a look around, may even divert to the dark side and buy a Pug 106 Rallye or GTI and have a proper rally slag replica!

Because they are cool...some might say even cooler than a Cinq sporting! http://www.106rallye.co.uk/mainpages/modifications.htm have a look here, check out the blue one with the white alloys...rally(e) slag!!

Sando.. my car cost me over 3 grand when i got it.. it was definately not worth the money cause it was covered in dents and scratches..but i saw it and had to have it. There went all plans of modifying my metro (i know, sad). i have spent well over 7000 on the actual body mods now.. and the car if i sold it would probably be worth.. ooo..3500-4000 maximum.. but what the hell? i couldve spent that 10000 on a boring average un-noticable car and id be fed up with it by now!

Its all about being different HippyCinq and you've certainly done that!
THem were the days of modifying metros, i had a bog standard metro as my first car ended up being a MG replica, god that 998cc lump used to go like stink with a little tinkering ;)

I have considerably more mods, THAN YOU!​
voldar02.gif
Pssssst my cars for sale​

Barry i am very sad at that news..:(

Centoevo.. I had a red 1.4si metro that i loved to death.. then i wrapped it round another car 3 months later.. so i got a 1.1 blue 3 door, had a union jack roof for a time, then pulled it off, got some compomotive wheels and was planning a full bodykit when i saw the cinq in the showroom.. ah what might have been with that lil metro..[^]

The Cinq is a mad little motor, theres no denying that and I know that any money I spend on my car will be lost, Im not bothered about that. I think what I'll do is keep it and get all the usual stuff like alloys and basic engine stuff like an exhaust, K&N, chip and cams and in a years time or so when I have done pretty much all the usual stuff whether to drop in a new engine, something thats not been done before and fit a bodykit. The thing that I really want to get is a monster sound system. I thinking of spending somwhere in the region of £5k for a very nice system, but not until at least after xmas.

Has the 1.8 HGT from a new punto been put in a Cinq yet? Does anyone know how much something like that would cost?

6.5"? as in a set of components?

It may seem a bit silly but I can be very thick sometimes.

I would recommend consider building a mid range into the door pocket and put a tweeter somewhere it looks good (anywhere).

And then put a MDF bit into the pocket so that the speaker is enclosed- or fibreglass it in...

Well thats my best idea, if that helps.

Arse

1993 Cinq SX, with the world's dodgiest fuel tank! Free fuel? Folllow Me!!

<blockquote id="quote"> face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by CentoEvo
Its all about being different HippyCinq and you've certainly done that!
THem were the days of modifying metros, i had a bog standard metro as my first car ended up being a MG replica, god that 998cc lump used to go like stink with a little tinkering ;)

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Oddly enough, I took out the 998cc unit and dropped a tuned 1275cc engine in my old B reg Metro! Had 62 bhp at the wheels, and would take out an MG Metro at the lights - all in sleeper spec with City X badges!

Pete.
Cinq sporting 1242cc
Cinqs&Seis Yahoo group
Clubcento

ERRRRRRRR I Hate metro's jus nasty glad i got my cinq 4 my 1st car :D My cinq is lucky tho had i not been going 2 Uni (last minute decision i made had 3 days 2 get my ucas in) My cinq wud b gone after 11th of september for something bigger n better but it was obviously fate that kept us 2gether 4 the nxt 3 years so its being modded :)

FIAT CinqueCento = Recycled Ferrari :D

Back