Technical boot release lever

Currently reading:
Technical boot release lever

alfatastic

Before I make a fool of myself at a dealers can anyone help with the following 2 questions?

My car boot release exterior handle seems to have stopped working, the only way to open the boot now is with the boot release button on key.

1st question

I've checked the manual and can't see that there is a security setting for keeping the boot locked, when rest of car is open. Only the auto close feature for ALL locks below 20mph (both my passenger doors are unlocked after I press the open button on key but boot refuses to open). Is this correct?

2nd question

assuming that the release button has stopped working (it feels very solid when pushed), I need to take it to a dealers, but as the car has just entered its 3rd year, I believe the warranty is now a dealer one. Does this mean I have to take it to the dealer I bought it from or will any dealer be able to do the work?

cheers for any advice

No idea on the dealer question but I'm curious about this too. Mine has just started doing the same thing. I blew it out with a compressed air can and dust blew out and it worked for a few days. But now it's stopped again. I'm told the new panda's have the same issue, that its a microswitch failing.

Before I make a fool of myself at a dealers can anyone help with the following 2 questions?

My car boot release exterior handle seems to have stopped working, the only way to open the boot now is with the boot release button on key.

1st question

I've checked the manual and can't see that there is a security setting for keeping the boot locked, when rest of car is open. Only the auto close feature for ALL locks below 20mph (both my passenger doors are unlocked after I press the open button on key but boot refuses to open). Is this correct?

2nd question

assuming that the release button has stopped working (it feels very solid when pushed), I need to take it to a dealers, but as the car has just entered its 3rd year, I believe the warranty is now a dealer one. Does this mean I have to take it to the dealer I bought it from or will any dealer be able to do the work?

cheers for any advice

I am the other way round - my boot opens great but my bonnet is a nightmare to close.

Anyways - I suspect you have something wrong with the level itself, and this should be a warranty job. Whilst the dealer warranty is not nearly as good as the standard warranty - I can not see them complaining as this is not a wear and tear item.

You do not have to take it to the dealer where you bought it - any dealer - although if you have a dealer than you already have a relationship with - take it there.

Back