General boot light

Currently reading:
General boot light

yeah i was a bit peed off about not having vanity mirror lights thats you'r next job (y),
on another note can the dash top port for the sat nav be retro fitted?
my local dealer is offering the b&m sat nav for £199 fitted inc vat it implies on the sales leaflet that they also fit the port i'll ring tomorow and ask. i asume the port is just a prety simple power supply as the unit will have its own antenna and uses bluetooth for the b&m connection

yeah i was a bit peed off about not having vanity mirror lights thats you'r next job (y),
my local dealer is offering the b&m sat nav for £199 fitted inc vat it implies on the sales leaflet that they also fit the port i'll ring tomorow and ask. i asume the port is just a prety simple power supply as the unit will have its own antenna and uses bluetooth for the b&m connection

I think I read in another thread (I hope I am wrong) that if there is no port there the satellite navigation unit is fitted the same as other stand alone units with either a dash mount or more likely a screen mount. If so this means you will have to use the cigarette lighter socket for your power supply.

If you pm Omad I am sure he will be able to clarify this for you.

Folks, how bizarre is this ?

I have been following this thread with interest, thinking I will have to get my finger out and fit a boot light.

Opened my boot today and I have got one... yet my 500 is a Sport. Thought it was omitted on the Sport ?

Last edited:
Folks, how bizarre is this ?

I have been following this thread with interest, thinking I will have to get my finger out and fit a boot light.

Opened my boot today and I have got one... yet my 500 is a Sport. Thought it was omitted on the Sport ?

:ROFLMAO: I assume then that its illumination is so great that those who already have it don't even notice!

I'll have to make sure I fit one to mine, just so I can not even notice its there :D

Steve(y)

Last edited:
I dont think you can retro fit the port, basically I believe that if you car has the port as factory fit there is a sat nav unit to fix to it, otherwise the sat nav requires a windscreen suction holder thingy.

(Thanks for your order Gav)

just spoke to my local dealer parts dep and they recon there is a kit for the dash top satnav port @£205.:eek:

:eek: I guess that answers that question then, makes it a lot of money for what I have heard described as a pretty average sat nav.

Was looking at buying one of these as I still havent spent my fiat vouchers yet, but also thought it was alot of money for a sat nav, can anyone tell me whether it is worth the money or should I go for a cheaper Tomtom or garmin etc??

can anyoe actually find anything at night with the bootlight? all bootlights are rubbish IMO...torch is 100 times better!

Something like this may be an option, it will plug in to replace the bulb :D :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ULTRA-BRIGHT-40-LEDS-DOME-DOOR-BOX-INTERIOR-LIGHT_W0QQitemZ160290898515QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item160290898515&_trkparms=72%3A1345|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

Car_40leds_b.jpg

Car_40leds_c.jpg

Trev

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Was looking at buying one of these as I still havent spent my fiat vouchers yet, but also thought it was alot of money for a sat nav, can anyone tell me whether it is worth the money or should I go for a cheaper Tomtom or garmin etc??
from the short demo i got i thought it was like any other satnav but with the benifit of connecting to the 500 via blu&me so you can use the voice controlls via the steering wheel and its also touchscreen and the directions are spoke to you through the cars sound system, so compared to other units it does do quite a bit the other thing i liked it can play music and video aswell,
Just prepared my boot hole ready for its new lamp c/o Chris@souls realy easy to do took out the screw pulled back the carpet and there it was taped up with some masking tape. easy peasy

Last edited:
All done for less than £15 judge for you'r selfs but bear in mind there is a street lamp right behind me i can confirm the switch is built in to the latch so the light goes on &off when the lid is open or shut.
with.JPG WITH

without.JPG WITHOUT

Last edited:
Back