Technical Boot light problem

Currently reading:
Technical Boot light problem

fiatmak

Hi,

i have a problem with the boot light on my Stilo 1.9 JTD (5 doors) ...

the bulb is OK but it wont turn on when the boot is open...
i have checked the voltage on the pins where the bulb is attached with boot open and the voltmeter shows 0V..

also there is no message 'BOOT OPEN' on the board when the boot door is open...

the 'Ind. Boot' option in the MAIN MENU is set ON...

is there a fuse for this two functions???
i could not find it in the manual...i have found only the fuse for the rear power supply, located next to the boot bulb...

and where is located the switch for the boot light? is it located in the boot lock?

thank you,

Filip.

is there a chance of repairing only the switch???

i don't know how it looks, but it shouldn't be something complex...

can you tell me approximately how much will cost the repair, if i opt to change the whole unit???

thanks again...

It's probably possible to fix, but I doubt it's designed to be stripped and the switch repaired.

Easier and cheaper to replace the whole unit. Not sure on new price but one or two on ebay like this one (y)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/fiat-stil...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4612a386f5

Might be worth removing boot panel, and testing the wiring to it, might be able to work out which wire(s) are for the light, and manually connect them to see if the light works before replacing the releas / catch unit :)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
thanks...

surely i will try something later...

it's nice idea to test the wiring, maybe that's the problem...

Back