General Boot light not not working?

Currently reading:
General Boot light not not working?

Hello,

I have a minor issue with my boot, it doesn't seem to turn on whatsoever the light that is...But I've tried to narrow things down to where the root cause could be, so my first test was a circuit test to make sure there's a strong feed going to the light bulb that passed, replaced the bulb with a standard bulb as it had a LED bulb in there before still nothing. So it's got a feed there so why isn't the bulb lighting up? :confused: It's been like this for a few months now hasn't worked, although when I brought the car it had a slight issue back then but worked if you lifted the boot door up and down a few times it'd trigger the light.

So if anyone could tell me what I should try next then feel free to tell me (y)

BTW It's a MK2 2000 W reg

Thanks in advance!

the switch is on the catch itself on the boot lid

When it next doesn't come on - tap it a few times

if it illuminates, it the switch - and a donor Boot lock (transfer your lock into it)

and you'll be sorted

Mine used to take 20seconds to come on - easily a sticking switch
So it might only need a clean up

Ziggy

the switch is on the catch itself on the boot lid

When it next doesn't come on - tap it a few times

if it illuminates, it the switch - and a donor Boot lock (transfer your lock into it)

and you'll be sorted

Mine used to take 20seconds to come on - easily a sticking switch
So it might only need a clean up

Ziggy

That's the thing it doesn't even come on it did use to, but you say tap it a few times? the light cover?

Where's the switch is that below the glass that big plastic thing?

Also while on this subject does the MK2's 2000 models have the dashboard boot light lamp? or is that only on newer models after 2000. Just curious cause I don't have those warning lamps for the doors or boot.

That's the thing it doesn't even come on it did use to, but you say tap it a few times? the light cover?

Where's the switch is that below the glass that big plastic thing?

Also while on this subject does the MK2's 2000 models have the dashboard boot light lamp? or is that only on newer models after 2000. Just curious cause I don't have those warning lamps for the doors or boot.

No Dashboard warning - my mk2b dont even tell

When i say tap the lock
The Black bit that sticks out the boot lid itself? Where it latchs?
Tap that a few times
The switch - i believe is in the actual lock bit there
So you might be able to remove the whole lot - swap the tumbler and get a boot light again :)

Ziggy

No Dashboard warning - my mk2b dont even tell

When i say tap the lock
The Black bit that sticks out the boot lid itself? Where it latchs?
Tap that a few times
The switch - i believe is in the actual lock bit there
So you might be able to remove the whole lot - swap the tumbler and get a boot light again :)

Ziggy

Just tapped the top of the boot lid and it worked and seems to of solved the issue shut the boot check if light stays or not it doesn't, open boot light comes on without needing to tap it anymore. Got a free shower out of it too seeing as it's raining right now so spent a few minutes getting wet :D

I wasted £2.99 on a set of bulbs that I didn't need, cause the LED bulb still works :bang: ah well always best to carry spares cause you never know when you'll need them!

Thanks Ziggy (y)

Just tapped the top of the boot lid and it worked and seems to of solved the issue shut the boot check if light stays or not it doesn't, open boot light comes on without needing to tap it anymore. Got a free shower out of it too seeing as it's raining right now so spent a few minutes getting wet :D

I wasted £2.99 on a set of bulbs that I didn't need, cause the LED bulb still works :bang: ah well always best to carry spares cause you never know when you'll need them!

Thanks Ziggy (y)

Keep a check on it
As the boot shuts - the actual part that locks around the hoop is what is the switch - Ie use a screwdriver shaft to replicate the boot shutting you'll understand what i mean

If it starts playing up again - Give some WD40 or strip clean it

But tbh its a long life part i would have thought....

And its my pleasure to help :)

Ziggy

Back