1406926744647.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) Boot build

Introduction

Hey guys just thought I'd post up some pictures of my new boot install :)
Sorry there isn't a lot of photos.

So the materials I used were a 6×9 foot 18mm thick sheet of mdf £20 from b&q, high density foam from eBay and fake leather from the local market. ICE: 6x9 in-phase speakers 1800W Kenwood Amp and an 18" kenwood sub.

I started by stripping out seats rear side panels door sills etc. I used the spare wheel cover as a template for the rear section, and used the back seat as a template for the front section. I then cut the mdf into shape using a jigsaw. I also cut a hole in the rear section for the sub to sit in.

I also cut out sections of the rear side panels to sit the 6x9s in.

I used the wiring from the parcel shelf speakers to wire in the 6x9s

Then I mocked it all up..
I then took it all out again and cut the high density foam to suit the wood and covered it in leather.

Wired it all up and this is how it looks now..

Attachments

• 1406926960938.jpg
    1406926960938.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 62
Weird your calling it a boot build, when its the backseats as well....
Shoulda called it Rear car build :rolleyes:

Make sure that amping up that the electrical systems (alternator and battery) are able to cope with it all

No point blowing things up because the calculations weren't done

ziggy

Weird your calling it a boot build, when its the backseats as well....
Shoulda called it Rear car build :rolleyes:

Make sure that amping up that the electrical systems (alternator and battery) are able to cope with it all

No point blowing things up because the calculations weren't done

ziggy
Did the calculations when I first installed the sub and amp in its box, I've also got aftermarket guages for voltage and amperage so I can keep an eye on things, also its all fused up so there's no chance of it catching fire ;)

Should put it in a perspex casing. This would protect the leather too which will get chewed up easily in the boot.

Well it's not too bad, I designed it so it's easy to remove, simply disconnect the amp, strap up the wiring with electric at tape and whip out the two sections. A 5 minute job. The two sections also sit comfortably stood up behind the seats so I can remove them at any time.

Reactions: YST
Back