General boost valve

Currently reading:
General boost valve

chilmang

hi all urm just wondering seen these power boost valves online just wondeing can i get 1 4 my punto mark 2 1.2 8v?

also can u get an uprated inlet manifold 4 tham thanks wb

don't want to burst your bubble here, but if your thinking that fitting an after/market boost valve will make a difference to power etc...ill save you the time & money;) will make sod all difference:D don't believe the hype...especially on a small 1.2 8v:D

so whats the best thing to get for around 150 quid i got an exhaust and induction kit wat can i get?

wb

at the end of the day on a 1.2 8v you are not going to see much improvement on power, well none that you would like/notice:D sure on paper you'll see a few more horses, but you have to way up the pros & cons here.............£200 + for a remap:eek: nearly another £200 for a gsr induction kit:eek: you get the picture;)

ive said before I'm the last person to put anyone off trying out things on their pride&joy.....it was so easy in my day just bung on bigger carbs, well more or less;) & away you go:D its not that simple now with emissions etc.. i used to have an old mk1 75 punto & one of the first things i did was fit an oil breather system to it. now i'm not going to say it made a huge difference, but for little money it did pull much better due to better detonation with no oil gases. after that i did the usual s/s zorst cold feed induction. did the work myself to keep costs down;) nippy wee motor for a 1.2 but in truth not as fast as some would like:D there is so much crap in the car tuning market now that are only money making schemes for the seller(n)....maybe it could be highlighted on here.... start a thread what works & what doesnt;) i tend to forget as a cynical old git that I'm not dazzled by the hype & clever advertising in conjunction with some car mags:eek: ah well rant over from a cynical old git:rolleyes:

Back