General Bonnet Gas Lifters?

Currently reading:
General Bonnet Gas Lifters?

The Chad

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
i had them on my 91 civic,. there not the that easy to fit and usually do need drilling,,.,. most likely problem is locating it somewhere that it can be mounted at both ends easily,.,.
I wouldnt bother with them to be honest, you wouldnt really put them to use,.,.,.

I've got Inxx lifters on my mark 1...they fit easy as anything...on end on the bonnet hinge and the other mounts into a bolt on the wing. No drilling was needed.
I am quite glad I put them on...they hold the bonnet open easily.

Thanks, I think this would be a cool mod, sounds easy to fit, just hope my motor has the same fittings, should have tho its a mark 1.

they will fit, but dont expect them to lift the bonnet up like i did, they just held it up, didnt lift it :(

You sure you haven't muffed ot up Beau....cos everyone I know that has them finds they lift the bonnet a little TOO enthusiastically.
I only have to life my a few inches and the struts do the rest.

You sure you haven't muffed ot up Beau....cos everyone I know that has them finds they lift the bonnet a little TOO enthusiastically.
I only have to life my a few inches and the struts do the rest.

hmmmmmm i duno, i aint got them anymore, they were on my sisters punto, then my 75 then sold them on the gt.. but they were crap lol, i fitted em both ways and only lifted it about 20 cm away from when its fully open.

They can be easy to fit but it depends on the car and if theres already anything to bolt them to otherwire youll have to drill., also you can get different strenths in order to lift the bonnet.,.,.,

Thanks dudes, Im gonna go for them, (y) Im always checking under the bonnet, not that I do much work, just checking its not falling apart! -no seriously Ive got m.o.t and gonna have a service soon, so these lifters will be a good addition. :cool:

Back