Technical Bonnet catch broken/ not working.

Currently reading:
Technical Bonnet catch broken/ not working.

How broken is broken? Mine no longer has a handle, and the bonnet is opened by just yanking on the white plastic cable sleeve somewhere near the passengers feet!

The cable (on mine at least) runs close to the front of the car (to the passenger side) so you may be able to remove the grille and reach your hand in - not sure though. This might help to visualise it:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Fiat-Mk1-Mk2...023007?hash=item56634aa21f:g:KUYAAOxyCGNTNZTG

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
The cable and handle are still operating, just not pulling the hinge I think

You need someone to assist, pull a bit harder but try not to damage( when handle in max position put on the cable itself)
While one, undo the rubber bunks/ bump stops by quarter of turn, lubricate latch, fit some shims ( washer with slot) to the sleeve end at the latch side.

Last edited:
is there a fix for the bonnet not popping up when lever is pulled? mine all seems to be working as it should, but it doesn't pop the bonnet

is the pin that the mech latches on to supposed to be slightly bent? (mine is, and this may be the problem, but wanted to check)

Back