Styling Bonnet badge

Currently reading:
Styling Bonnet badge

ronnieronson

Bring On The Trumpets!
Got thinking about it, and vaguely remember seeing a punto abarth at some point with a black abarth bonnet badge...

...so - anyone that can confirm that the round punto badge is the same fitment as the round sei badge? (or close enough?).
I would assume it is, did have a modified black "fiat" badge on my 93 cinq, but it was a bugger of a process and not really a long lasting mod - so I'm not going through that rigmarole again.
With the 2001 Seis having the same size / shape badge as the more modern punto I'm hoping it would fit :idea:

how did you struggle on the cinq? just one bolt and remove a bit of plastic isnt it?

to remove yes...... but to make a badge that has two bolts and a locating pin, fit a car that has one bolt and a locating pin, and make sure it stays on straight..... well that's a different story all together :p ;)

i never had any issues on mine.fit n forget

Lol - probably just my luck, the old car was always showing up quirks when doing mods :p

So you reckon I'll get a punto badge (if I can find an abarth one) to stay put on my sei then?

Yeah - Serin already pointed this out to me, but to be honest I had already looked on Abarth badges as my first point of call.

The thing is I don't need the full badge pack, and it's a lot of money to pay if I'm just going to use one element of the package :p

Hold press!!!

A punto badge ISNT the same as a sei one.

A punto one is 75mm diameter and a sei one is 65mm diameter. It wont fit properly

Hold press!!!

A punto badge ISNT the same as a sei one.

A punto one is 75mm and a sei one is 65mm. It wont fit properly.

cheers Apple - probably saved me some hassle there (y)

Looks like I'm resorting to plan B then...

With a slight modding however im sure it would still fit though, in fact i would be sure it would fit but may be a slight pain getting it on in the first place

if the badge's are anything like the old ford badges, cant you just sand the back of the badge till you take the coloured paint off, leaving you with the silver emblem, then paint it your desired colour? its clear plastic, so will still look factory from the face side.

could do - but I kinda want the scorpion riding up front (y)

i de-badged my car today then thaught of a great idea for the bonnet badge. so i removed it and sprayed it yellow....... it was just going to be tempory till i got it smoothed next month. but it looked naff so i removed it and i am getting it smoothed sooner now.

tbh the sei looks loads better smooth rather than badged why not look into getting it done?

could do - but I kinda want the scorpion riding up front (y)

yeah it would do. like i say, you sand it from the back of the badge. when the badge is made, the scorpion is embeded into the badge first, then the colour last.

so if you take the colour of first, the scorpion will still be there. basically leaving you with a clear badge with a scorpion.

yeah it would do. like i say, you sand it from the back of the badge. when the badge is made, the scorpion is embeded into the badge first, then the colour last.

so if you take the colour of first, the scorpion will still be there. basically leaving you with a clear badge with a scorpion.

...but mine is currently a "fiat" badge...

lol - got impatient, abarthbadges are hooking me up with a single 60mm badge to stick over the existing one, for a very reasonable price :D

if the badge's are anything like the old ford badges, cant you just sand the back of the badge till you take the coloured paint off, leaving you with the silver emblem, then paint it your desired colour? its clear plastic, so will still look factory from the face side.

brasso and a ton off elbow grease will save scratches.ahh my old xbox modding days come flooding back

i got one :D

cant realy see it but you get the idea :D

Attachments

• 3646586119a5244754251l.jpg
    3646586119a5244754251l.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 31
Back