Technical Bolts to Lug Nuts Conversion?

Currently reading:
Technical Bolts to Lug Nuts Conversion?

iBstoneyDave

Is it possible to convert from the standard wheel bolts we get here in the EU to using lug nuts/studs?

And more important is there any downside to doing it if it is possible?

Definitely possible, only complicated issue is making sure you get the right length studs. I converted my Mk2b to studs, bought what I thought would be the right length and they ended up poking out past the wheels! Luckily I had some 10mm spacers which I could fit but given the chance, I'd have soon just bought shorter studs.
These were what I bought, so 50mm nuts side thread is way too much, I'd say 30mm would be plenty.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Did tje grande loose the 2 locator lugs that the mk2 / mk2b punto had?

Failing that - if its pure and simply a refitting the wheel issue
Why not buy some long lengths of rod of same pitch/dia

When u remove 2 wheels u out the rods in
And then remove last 2 nuts

That what u have 2 locator lugs when putting the wheel on

I believe the stilo had a fitting bar like what ive described in the spare tyre kits

Ziggy

spare wheel.jpg

That is the what the red bit does... it's threaded at one end.. so you can screw it into one of the holes, then put the wheel on it, add the other bolts, unscrew the red one, put in the 4th bolt.

It's a very simple bit of kit and easy to make. Much more cost effective and I'm sure safer than the bolt affair!

Now if the OP wanted to go to studs...AND do to a different bolt patter like say 5x114.3 that would be interesting and worth while.

We would be thinking either about machine shops or about off-the-shelf alfa/lancia parts that might be a straight fit.

Back