General bodyshop

Currently reading:
General bodyshop

Sei_rory

Established member
went to get my car back today from the bodyshop after the rear end was fixed to find that the car has actually come back in worse condition as it went in ! im so damn annoyed i told the insurance company that this particular company was crap and they told me that i had to use them in order to get my courtesy car. ive now been without the sei for a week now and now it has had to go in again to be stripped and repainted all over again !

sorry to hear about it mate but hopefully they will get there finger out and do it properly this time

went to get my car back today from the bodyshop after the rear end was fixed to find that the car has actually come back in worse condition as it went in ! im so damn annoyed i told the insurance company that this particular company was crap and they told me that i had to use them in order to get my courtesy car. ive now been without the sei for a week now and now it has had to go in again to be stripped and repainted all over again !

how come it needs to be stripped and painted again? is the repair visable or something? in this situation the person who QC'd your car after it was repaired needs a good shoeing imo.

simon

the whole back end has been painted but it is so crap theres dirt under the paint every where and instead of painting the whole back end they have just sprayed patches everywhere to cover up damage. the guy at the shop tried to mop it to see if i would go away and he brought the car back round and where it has been mopped so hard theres little spots where it has gone through the dirt and is now showing the primer :( a good way of describing it would be orange peel effect times by at least ten with serious amounts of crap in it! i have never seen a job so bad before(n)

oh dear! tell them you will be bringing a friend who knows bodywork ie in the trade to check it before signing the satisfaction note, and hopefully they will give the job to a competant bodyworker you have the option of taking the car to anyone you want, but the insurance company wont tell you that! Ant!

yeah i did luckily. i still havent heard any progress of the car yet but im now going to randomly drop in on them this week sometime to see what on earth they are playing at. if it is still crap i will ring my insurance company and then this particular shop will have to pay to get it sorted and for my inconvenience

Back