P1000110.JPG

BMW E36 Compact

Introduction

Thought it was about time I posted some piccies of the Bimmer.

Its a 1998 BMW E36 Compact 316i. 1.6 8v engine with 105hp. Pretty much standard bar a Pipercross panel filter in place of the standard paper one. Also has uprated components speakers up front. On 120k but going strong and very tidy indeed.

Oh and it has a roof box :D Use it all the time, so its not just cosmetic, although I didn't like the standard silver plastic so sprayed it up in the same red as the car and popped a Pistonheads smilie on the back :D

Anyway, here are the piccies
I assume it looks like this 24/7 therefore it wont sell with a roof box on

No one tends to buy cars with roof bars/roof boxes on (unless they are fitted from new)

How many cars do you see with roofboxes on on the forecourts for sale?

They are fugly looking things

Sell roof box seperate or include in final sale price unattached to car

Last edited:
The roof box isn't included in the sale so not trying to sell the car to someone that needs one.

I already had the car listed on pistonheads and ebay with photos without the box on and had no luck. I've taken new pics (the ones above) and relisted it at a lower price so will see how it goes.

I'm not desperate to sell it tbh, just that every time it doesn't it costs me money on ebay. That's the part that bothers me.

Think this is the last time I'll bother trying. If it fails to sell this time i'll hand on to it and just put up with the impracticality for a while longer. I can't let it go for any less than it already is.

Gotta say i never really could see the point of the compact 3 series, bizarre how few of that shape 3 series i see these days though, there was so many of them around a few years back. Whats happened to them all, not like they weren't solid cars :confused:

edit: 60 people viewing page while i write this, thats crazy!

I thought it was on all the time (the box) fair enough then

I think your other issues then is it is a 1.6, it isnt the best BMW 3 series in the range, its only cloth trim rather than leather and it doesnt look particularly high spec judging by the alloys on it, those look to be ones they fitted to lower range models

Overall it isnt the best BMW to be owning and selling

Even so i have a soft spot for the compact i think it was always a sleeper if you got the right one

Back