BMW, Audi etc

Currently reading:
BMW, Audi etc

i love my grande punto GP 1.4 and have had 5 fiats in the space of 4 years driving (3 of them being brand new grandes) but if im honest i would love a bmw :D thats my dream car :D love them to bits. but at the mo cant afford my 1 series lol :D

Re: Quick rant- comments please!!!

i love my grande punto GP 1.4 and have had 5 fiats in the space of 4 years driving (3 of them being brand new grandes) but if im honest i would love a bmw :D thats my dream car :D love them to bits. but at the mo cant afford my 1 series lol :D

In the same boat as you! Would love a 1 series, also could not afford it this time! Saying that my sporting gives the 118d a run for it's money! Both performance and nearly on the handling side!

In the same boat as you! Would love a 1 series, also could not afford it this time! Saying that my sporting gives the 118d a run for it's money! Both performance and nearly on the handling side!

hmmm... you talk about BMW's being awesome... but all the 1-series at work have been back to the dealers at least 3-4 times each!

123d's i think they are, smart on the outside but crampt on the inside.

handling wise, lets just say they haven't been coping well with rear wheel drive in the snow;)

lol my perfect 1 series is a 118 d M sport with M double spoke wheels 143bhp standard:) but a good friend of mine works in bmw as a sales manager and he can do a remap to 177 bhp :D for free :D lol he took me out today in a 135i 3.0L twin turbo :D OMFG !!!! i nearly.... welll dieed lol plus the 118 d m sport is on £ 35 to tax a year

lol my perfect 1 series is a 118 d M sport with M double spoke wheels 143bhp standard:) but a good friend of mine works in bmw as a sales manager and he can do a remap to 177 bhp :D for free :D lol he took me out today in a 135i 3.0L twin turbo :D OMFG !!!! i nearly.... welll dieed lol plus the 118 d m sport is on £ 35 to tax a year

i'd take an a3 2.0tdi 170 s-line over one anyday :yum:

hmmm... you talk about BMW's being awesome... but all the 1-series at work have been back to the dealers at least 3-4 times each!

123d's i think they are, smart on the outside but crampt on the inside.

handling wise, lets just say they haven't been coping well with rear wheel drive in the snow;)
123 d is the best :d 2.0L twin turbo 206bhp :D your right with the rwd in snow but they are a good car. depends on what you want it for too. there is only me that really needs to be in it so space i aint bothered about.if you buy theM sport they handle brill cos they got active steering and suspension handle wicked :D

i'd take an a3 2.0tdi 170 s-line over one anyday :yum:
yeah but audi are no better on reliabilty :( my mate has a s3 in the garage i work and its always having coil packs and his girlfriend has the 06 a3 2.0L petrol s-line turbo and its crap :( its sounds like its rattling :( and its only done 30k

123 d is the best :d 2.0L twin turbo 206bhp :D your right with the rwd in snow but they are a good car. depends on what you want it for too. there is only me that really needs to be in it so space i aint bothered about.if you buy theM sport they handle brill cos they got active steering and suspension handle wicked :D

Saying that, my GP Sporting is not so hot in the snow!(n)

I reckon the 1 series has some of the best steering currently available on a car and the handling is razor I mean precision sharp, really great to drive they are awesome especially with the big 6 petrol motor! The Mito 155 is great too but it just doesnt have the precision, I just think this stupid electric steering they all have ruins the package, I would literally pay another tax band up for the emissions a hydraulic PAS pump makes that doesnt ruin the drive. And you dont get torque steer in a BMW lol

You get your BMW (y) but yes they (mine) sucks in the snow, lost count how many times I needed a push, still good fun though :D and the kit you get with them is fantastic. Would love the 335 :worship: 3.0 v6 twin turbo :eek:

Jaguar X Type with the 3.0 v6 engine takes my fancy at the moment.

I’m a bit late to this thread, but as an owner of a 123D, 3dr Hatch I can certainly recommend it as a great Diesel. It’s as quick as a Golf GTi, has bags more torque and is pretty economical considering the performance. It also handles beautifully and is fun in the wet. However the ride is a bit choppy (thank you Run-Flat tyres) and it is truly awful in the snow. Hence I also have a Sedici (complete with a non negotiable second gear, at least till it warms up and a very unpleasant vibration on the over-run:cry:).

I recommend anyone interested in the 1 series to take a test drive, they are deceptively quick and very nicely built. Of course nearly everyone hates you, but some of that heat has been taken by the Audi drivers of late.

I like my 1 series for many reasons, but a main one for me is the fact that it looks individual. OK it’s a Marmite type car, but I like Marmite too.

In an age when all cars seem to be morphing into each other, thank God Mr Bangle came along and did something brave. It’s a bit like a ‘Hot’ meal (I mean this in the chemical sense). You might hate it the very first time you try one, but then you have a slightly milder version and find you love it, some people actually like the Hot version first time round and stick with it. I think that’s what Bangle did with design and am glad he broke the mould a little. Don’t get me wrong, cars like the Punto are gorgeous looking things, but there again it has a cousin that’s looks very similar out there doesn’t it;).

Aston and Jaguar clones and a pile of VAG cars that are slowly becoming anonymous with their common DNA, the list is almost endless, I have started to crave for some excitement in car designs. I loved the original Multipla for the reason it was unique, a little ugly, but in the same way that Jean Reno is a little ugly, he is gorgeous too.

I like the 1 series coupe :nerner:.

tii-1-series-coupe.jpg

Back