BMC CDA

Currently reading:
BMC CDA

I

Insomnia

Anyone recommend a BMC CDA? Does it sound good or just raspy?

I'm getting a Supersprint exhaust tomorrow and thinking I could tie it together with a CDA.

Recommendations, opinions, thoughts, audio/video clips most welcome!

wolfraceinsy.jpg

Dec '97 1.8GT / 133,500 miles
Current Status: Running Well

i couldnt recomend the cda highly enough, i had a k&n before and although at firstt the sound from the k&n was awesome it did begin to **** me off so i bought the cda and the car seemed nippier straight away and it sounded nice too(not loud but subtle). go for it mate- if your up this way at all youre more than welcome to try mine in yours to see, so that you dont feel so bad about forking out £150+

Sounding good then.

I've been offered one at a very good price. I just don't want it to make the car sound all chavvy lol.

wolfraceinsy.jpg

Dec '97 1.8GT / 133,500 miles

i agree, thats what i wanted to, i prefer the subtle mods and theres nothing worse than hearing a stupidly loud air filter. as its all enclosed it is not a lot louder/if any than the standard air box

I considered one a little while ago for my 1.8 Ins, sopke to Nige @ Angel Tuning, and he told me they are a pain in the arse to fit to the 1.8, so I bought the panel filter instead.

Just to pre-warn you that there could be some fitting issues.

SEX...I'm just two women short of a Threesome

I hear they're a pain to install in any motor. Took me over and hour and a half for the 1.6 because I had to cut up the airbox base while it was still in the car :( Good sound at high revs and I did notice a small power increase too, but then it did replace a scabby K&N.

puntomatt_search_sig.gif

A CDA is going to be nearly impossible to fit properly with the bottom half of the air box still in the car.
1111111111.jpg

My Raceland filter is almost identical to a bmc cda, just not carbon it is chrome. i got it from Belgium at a very good price. i know these are pain to fit but its something that really needs to be done.

Thought about it long and hard. I was going to get Danny's CDA but decided against. Came to the conclusion the Supersprint was enough modding for me lol.

wolfraceinsy.jpg

Dec '97 1.8GT / 134,500 miles