Panda 2012+ Blue & Me successfully repaired and reinstalled! North East, UK

Currently reading:
Panda 2012+ Blue & Me successfully repaired and reinstalled! North East, UK

Graham72

Hi everyone. Recently my Panda TwinAir 4X4 (bought new in 2015) encountered a problem with the Blue & Me system. It manifested itself through the mileage flashing and no connection with my mobile phone. The controls on the steering wheel would not work. There was no connection between my phone and the Blue & Me. I searched on this forum and got in contact with Simon Maguire (Tricolare) based in the North East UK (from North of the Watta). Multi ecu scan on North Tyneside in MultiECUScan Members Register. Simon had the software to diagnose the fault and the knowhow to identify where the Blue & Me system is situated and to physically remove the panels and casing. With his recommendation I sent the system to Northern AutoTech, based in Morecambe. I went through their site on eBay which costs £95. Their number is 07870903552. If they can't repair the system they refund the money and return the unit to you. I got it back two days after I posted it. I got back in contact with Simon and arranged for him to reinstall the unit which them worked perfectly. I'm absolutely delighted. I was at the Fiat dealership today with an unrelated problem and enquired how much a new Blue & Me unit and fitting would cost and was informed that it would be over a thousand pounds. So, epic win on my behalf. Thanks so much to Simon and the team at AutoTech.

Did they feed back what the actual fault was ?
No specifics. I'm not very technically minded anyway. It definitely wasn't working beforehand. I tried a number of things that people suggested on YouTube like disconnecting the battery etc. Simon diagnosed that the unit was faulty using the software he had. After I sent it to Northern AutoTech they sent me an email telling me it had been repaired and that it was about to be posted back to me but there were no specific details about the actual fault. They gave me a number to call, I'm pretty sure they would give me feedback if I wanted it. I'm just pleased that it's fixed.

I have a problem with my B&M module as well, i took it off and opened to see if there was any cracked weld or something visible that didn't seem right, in the meantime I thought of reinstalling the software but didn't find any source on the web, there was this official website with those files but it seems to be down for a while, does anyone knows where to find those updates? This is for a CD player B&M unit (2015). Thanks in advance.

I have a problem with my B&M module as well, i took it off and opened to see if there was any cracked weld or something visible that didn't seem right, in the meantime I thought of reinstalling the software but didn't find any source on the web, there was this official website with those files but it seems to be down for a while, does anyone knows where to find those updates? This is for a CD player B&M unit (2015). Thanks in advance.
What problem do you actually have? if the B&M module is faulty then updating the software won't change anything. you can't "reinstall" the software this isn't something the website ever did, it would check the version of the software on the car and update it, if there was a newer version.

Depending on your fault there are many limitations in the system and they do not work well with new technology the last update's released are about a decade old at this point.

The symptoms of the B&M fault are the odometer blinking, the USB stick not reading and the B&M steering wheel controls not responding.
When I say update the software I mean specifically the firmware, I've done it in the past, the procedure was to download a file to a pendrive and then put it in the car and the update was automatic. I just wanted to try this form out without high hopes. At the moment I use the telephone connected to the radio in the aux connection.

The symptoms of the B&M fault are the odometer blinking, the USB stick not reading and the B&M steering wheel controls not responding.
When I say update the software I mean specifically the firmware, I've done it in the past, the procedure was to download a file to a pendrive and then put it in the car and the update was automatic. I just wanted to try this form out without high hopes. At the moment I use the telephone connected to the radio in the aux connection.
It's dead!

It's dead!
^^^^^^^^^ this is your answer

the USB stick not reading and the B&M steering wheel controls not responding.
kinda going to make reinstalling/updating the firmware difficult if the USB port is dead.
I've done it in the past, the procedure was to download a file to a pendrive and then put it in the car and the update was automatic.
this is updating the firmware, if you’ve done it before and it’s running the most recent firmware then you wouldn’t gain anything from trying it again The usb would see its already got the most up to date software and not change anything, that all said and done, your B&M module is dead as stated above

^^^^^^^^^ this is your answer

kinda going to make reinstalling/updating the firmware difficult if the USB port is dead.

this is updating the firmware, if you’ve done it before and it’s running the most recent firmware then you wouldn’t gain anything from trying it again The usb would see its already got the most up to date software and not change anything, that all said and done, your B&M module is dead as stated above
Well you seem to have reached the same conclusion! ;)

To be more constructive we should advise @Graham72 that the B&M unit usually fails on and so drains the battery within a couple of days if the car is not used. To prevent this the B&M unit needs to be disconnected under the driver's seat (RHD). Disconnection at the head unit does not eliminate the battery drain.

I found that you can replace the B&M USB with the earlier FIAT entertainment (USB) connection which plugs into the back of the radio; it does not give bluetooth services but does provide an enabled USB. The ODO continues to flash - this cannot be fixed without a B&M unit since the body control module is looking for the B&M hardware address. Contrary to some statements on this forum in other, similar, threads you can replace the B&M unit and get the system running without a proxi-alignment. Also I found that a B&M unit intended for an Alfa works. although does not fit in the Panda under seat brackets since it sits behind the dash on Alfas - plug and play.

Back