General Blue & Me Streaming Music VIA USB/Bluetooth

Currently reading:
General Blue & Me Streaming Music VIA USB/Bluetooth

TwigletSG

Hey there!

Im currently looking to buy a Abarth Grande Punto and was wonder what the deal is with the blue and me system, information seems pretty scattered.

Can I play my music via my iPhone X using the USB/Bluetooth and if not what do I need to do to get this function working?

Thanks for the info!

Hello,
Blue&Me doesn't support AD2P which is used for bluetooth audio streaming, it only supports older variant that can only handle phone calls and other basic needs such as syncing contacts list and according to manual received messages but I never tried that.

One really cheap option is usb stick, I'm not sure what to call it. It receives audio via bluetooth and writes it to a file on usb stick itself. This is important as much more common models have audio output which is meant to be plugged into aux input on car or other device. Here is one I bought:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-USB-Bl...aker-Receiver-Adapter-Dongle-PS-/391886349076
I found it pretty much unusable because of long delay(10+ seconds) and instability, audio would often break for split second.

Other option which I'm currently persuading to work is cd changer emulator - such as Yatour. It connects to factory radio via unused plug(blue mini iso, yellow one is used for blue&me). Description promised that factory controls could be used but that's not the case - both steering wheel controls and button on radio work for music stored on usb and sd card but not for bluetooth audio. So basically it works like aux cable, you still have to reach for the phone to pause or change track. As it was kinda expensive I'm not terribly happy about that. Here is item:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bluetooth-...ttatore-per-Fiat-Originale-Radio/401748350686

So all in all I haven't yet found option which I like so I'll probably be replacing radio with something aftermarket which I've been avoiding for price reasons

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back