Blue&Me Map

Currently reading:
Blue&Me Map

Hi just got in and the kind post lady has delivered me a flyer advertising Blue&Me map

Just wondered if anyone out there knew if maps of europe were available for it or is it strictly UK only

Cheers Guys(y)

Hi just got in and the kind post lady has delivered me a flyer advertising Blue&Me map

Just wondered if anyone out there knew if maps of europe were available for it or is it strictly UK only

Cheers Guys(y)

Me too, £199 inc. fitting and VAT seems quite reasonable but I'm confused by the fitting arrangement.

In an earlier thread a member posted a picture of the top of his dashboard and it had a docking port in it and I assumed that the Sat Nav just dropped in and made the necessary power and data connections that way.

However, I haven't seen another 500 with this feature so I am wondering whether there is a press out portion of the dash that will give access.

Of course, this unit may just be a stand alone one that connects via Bluetooth for the data but how does it get it's power as there aren't any cables to be seen in the picture. :confused:

Just for your info guys

The blue and me map does have a special docking port on dash boards or various fiat and alfa models but its a factory option only and has not long become available as a option, and for those of us that do not or could not have this option we have the standard method of the suction cup to the windscreen. as for the maps, at the moment only uk and irl maps are available but no doubt very soon euro maps will be avail, they have to if the wanna stay in the game not to mention all the other cars they sell in europe with blue and me maps !

I have been considering buying the basic TomTom (£98) but have also recieved the offer from Fiat for the Blue&Me Map. What will I get for the extra £101? And, what sort of 'fitting' is involved as it appears it doesn't dock with the car but requires the typical suction fitting?

Blue and me maps is completely compatable with other cars (windscreen mount version) it will do the same job as the tom tom but when connected via blue and me it becomes a much better device then the tom tom, main reason for me is the fact the sounds come via the stereo, not that crappy little speaker thats in these sat nav units. so being able to use the stereo and satnav is a real bonus for me.

But thats is not going to be the selling point for everyone granted. but its a cool feature none the less! And you can use a few voice commands but they are very limited to what you can do. but that will prolly get better as time goes on and various updates later.

Oh and i heard yesterday, you are now able to get individual maps for other countries and magnetti will soon release a complete european map! so watch this space!!

Last edited:
Installing the update software to the blue and me convergence unit and running threw how the unit works with blue and me etc... not just selling it to the customer and let them try to figure it out! (y)

Oh and guys i have the part number's for various country sd cards. they are £24.99 inc vat (not postage tho) if anyone wants more info send me a PM and i'll try and assist you.

so does anyone know if Blue&Me Map has actually been released onto the market yet? I've seen the Preparation for Blue&Me Map in some price lists for a nominal fee, but I'm yet to be convinced that the device itself has actually made its way onto the streets of Italy. Can anyone from Fiat Group confirm that you can actually buy (and receive in a timely manner) the Blue&Me Map system and not just the "Predisposizione per Blue&Me Map"? Grazie!

so does anyone know if Blue&Me Map has actually been released onto the market yet? I've seen the Preparation for Blue&Me Map in some price lists for a nominal fee, but I'm yet to be convinced that the device itself has actually made its way onto the streets of Italy. Can anyone from Fiat Group confirm that you can actually buy (and receive in a timely manner) the Blue&Me Map system and not just the "Predisposizione per Blue&Me Map"? Grazie!

I can confirm that the unit is available now! i know this because i got one 2 weeks ago. (search my previous posts and u will find photo's) and part numbers etc

Before you buy the B&Me MAP you should test it ;).

In a german forum some ppl have it and all say that it's not really worth the money.

Positive is that there are no wires hanging around, it is connected to the blue&me so you can use speech and the buttons on the steering wheel to operate it.

But the Maps a quite expensive
(30€ for each country, i "need" Austria, Germany, Italy, Slovenia, Switzerland ) and it seems like it is not possible to copy all Maps on one SD-Card because of copy protection (Every Country comes on its own SD).
I guess that is not nice when you travel from one country into another.

While the car is moving some functions are locked, you can NOT change the target or start a Route for example.
(Absoulute no-go for me, when i have to stop everytime i can also use a roadmap instead)

It seems not possible to import own POI's (speed cameras).

I have not tested it by myself yet, but if only half of the above ist true it might really be better to get a tomtom or something else (Roadmaps :cool:).

Found some Part Nos for SD cards that might help, it was all in italian so made educated guess with names of countrys.
Austria/Switzerland. 71805166
Spain/Portugal/Andora. 71805173
Scandinavia. 71805172
Germany. 71805171
France. 71805170
Benelux. 71805167

Would imagine if in the uk these would have to be special order from Dealer

Last edited:
Hi Guys.

I just ordered my 500 on Saturday.
Its April 2009 so will i get the dash point by default or do i have to ask for something specific?
Is it too late?

:D

Pop along to your dealer and make sure the salesman ticks the OPTION 54K box on his ordering screen. This will result in your 500 being delivered with the B&M Map port fitted to the dashboard. When I placed my order in January, this was a cost free option, but Fiat may have introduced a small charge since.

Back