Technical Blue and me update files needed please!

Currently reading:
Technical Blue and me update files needed please!

jaydr

the man without a plan
Hey all

Ive been trying to find the files to try update my blue and me module as its not functioning at all.

Somebody broke the USB socket clean off before I got the car, so I've soldered a new socket on the the board.

The car is a 2007 grande punto sporting 1.9 jtd multijet.

Im hoping the update files will get it working, so I visited the blue and me site but it doesn't come up at all, just a box that says get flash player in the top left.

Im wondering if anyone has a copy of the update I could try with my blue and me module, to see if it will work.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Puffin browser still has support for flash, although you'll need to sign up for a free trial, but you can download the configurator, then plug in to the car, upload the resulting file to get your specific blue&me download.

If you don’t have the original head unit and the system is basically dead then I’m pretty confident that plugging a usb stick in to update it, is going to do nothing at all.

I believe if you remove the OEM head unit that blue and me stops working because the radio and the blue and me unit go hand in hand.

I'm sure somewhere on here there's a guide to get it working without the head unit? You just take the audio out from the mini iso connector?

Thanks for the heads us about puffin browser! I'll give it a go ?

Cheers
Jay

I'm sorry, I missed the bit about not having the head unit in place, are you using an aftermarket unit or is this a fiat one, just not 'the original'?

Only ask as my last car had a double din unit fitted by me, I relocated the blue&me control module, which still worked, it just couldn't be used as all the inputs were done by the head unit and OBD screen.

If you're sure it's busted and you're using a aftermarket unit, why not remove it completely and have a proxi-alignment done to remove it from the system

Flashplayer got killed off end of last year (boo!)

But I have a workaround which I just used to update blue and me on my 500

in windows 10 Get the Basilisk web browser from here (this seems to let you use flash player:
https://www.basilisk-browser.org/download.shtml

get a previous version of flash player eg version 32.0.0.371 (from the one that goes 'this is obsolete' when you install it) from here:

https://archive.org/download/flashplayerarchive/pub/flashplayer/installers/archive/

search for:

fp_32.0.0.371_archive.zip

unzip this file (it has versions for linux, mac and pc) and install, make sure you check the don't update option in the installer.

Install basilisk and you should then be able to go to

http://www.blueandme.net/blueandme/index.aspx

and follow the 4 stage, download and unzip to usb stick, plug into the car, get the config file, plug into your pc, upload the file, download the update zip, unzip to a usb stick, plug it back into the car and run the update, as per the instructional pdf's they supply.

this let me update blue and me to v10 on my little car.

Back