"Blue and Me adaptor"?

Currently reading:
"Blue and Me adaptor"?

Garree001

Ohhh my, yes.
Hi all

I have been in touch with FIAT customer services about their website not letting me download the B&S message reader. I was subsequently contacted by one of the customer services agents who said that they wanted to send me a "Blue&Me Adaptor". Anyone have a clue what this might me? And surely FIAT won't actually be sending me something for nothing :eek:

Ta, G

There has to be a catch! I'll let you know what arrives and keep my fingers crossed that they don't read this :p

What is this costly phone adapter anyway? The phone (Sony Ericsson) works fine in the car, whereas the LG Renoir was sh*te in there. I only want the message reader lol.

OK. Am really puzzled now. I sent FIAT an e-mail saying that I couldn't download the message reader from their website. In response to the issue I raised, I got what you see in the attached photo. Very confused as to how an iPhone/Pod adapter will help me get the message reader, which I hope would then work with a Sony Ericsson phone :p

Have they really sent me a 65 quid adapter I didn't need, nor ask for? lol

Thanks for the adapter though anyway FIAT :D

Attachments

• DSC00020.JPG
    DSC00020.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 52
OK. Am really puzzled now. I sent FIAT an e-mail saying that I couldn't download the message reader from their website. In response to the issue I raised, I got what you see in the attached photo. Very confused as to how an iPhone/Pod adapter will help me get the message reader, which I hope would then work with a Sony Ericsson phone :p

Have they really sent me a 65 quid adapter I didn't need, nor ask for? lol

Thanks for the adapter though anyway FIAT :D

Thats not going to help you one little bit! its purely as it says on the tin.... to make iphone and itouch work and charge via blue and me!

Pop on over to your nearest dealer and get them to download and install the software update you require. having said that not all sony phones work with message reader tho.

But now you have something to sell on ebay at least and maybe buy an accessory you want ?

lol I know it won't help me one bit! However it may be useful if I ever become stupid enough to get an iPhone :p

How much would they charge for a software update?

They should charge absolutely nothing.

All i would say is, i have read on the fiat.com site that there is an update available that may enable my sony phone to work with the text message reader, i have tried to download it but i have been unsuccessful.

There is no reason for them to charge you...

hmmmm to note i just downloaded the message reader for sony patch!

If you have managed to download it in the past, try this. instead of dragging the files to an empty mem stick or using copy, highlight each file and use the move function, and move them to the mem stick then try and install, it's worked everytime for me in the past.

I don't even have the message reader installed though. I tried downloading the full 'addon' as I guess it is, but that failed. I e-mailed FIAT to tell them and ended up getting sent an adaptor. Just makes no sense lol

Ok

So let me get this straight have you tried to download the standard version of 5.4 and this didnt work ? if you have not then do this and this should add message reader in the system but you will have to add the "patch" for sony phones.

And if and when you do this make sure to MOVE the files not copy them.

And if all else fails send me a PM and ill see if i still have a copy of that original message reader file on my old comp.

My head is a little hazzzy here, few to many cider's lol

Last edited:
Back