Technical Blower not working

Currently reading:
Technical Blower not working

Lemma9182

Hello!

I did post this in the newbies section, but not sure if that was the right place.

Wondering whether anyone on here could be of assistance?

I have a Fiat Panda, 04 plate and recently my blower has decided to not work.

Before it stopped working all together, the blower would work on settings 0 and 1 - strangely enough, but now it doesn’t work at all.

Believe it could be an issue with the switch, but not knowing much about cars, would anyone know whether this is a simple repair fix that can be done yourself? Or what parts might be needed? Or even how to do it?

Thanks in advance!

Emma

hi
its highly likely that your wiring to the rheostat has finally burnt out
the rheostat is up the top of the bulkhead where the clutch pedal is look upwards from footwell
you can get to it but its a nightmare,if your car has aircon then its basically impossible to get to without a lot of work or smashing stuff
try jiggling the wires with ignition turned on as this can sometimes give it an extra life

No life at all even on max?

Fuse and relay!
F44 engine compartment
F01 engine compartment
F23 engine compartment
R8 engine compartment heater blower relay

F31 passenger compartment if gone the reversing light also wouldn't work
F39 body computer if this has gone the radio also wouldn't work

Or
Heater blower resistor pack most likely. Common fault.

Control switch
Blower it's self

Hello, thanks for the response.

Nope, doesn’t have any life at all.

Oh my, that all sounds a bit complicated lol.

Thanks for the suggestions!

hi
its highly likely that your wiring to the rheostat has finally burnt out
the rheostat is up the top of the bulkhead where the clutch pedal is look upwards from footwell
you can get to it but its a nightmare,if your car has aircon then its basically impossible to get to without a lot of work or smashing stuff
try jiggling the wires with ignition turned on as this can sometimes give it an extra life

Hello and thanks for relying.

Owe! That sounds like more hassle than it’s worth, especially that I have Air Con.

Have tried wiggling the switch around and taking the actual toggle off and having a look underneath.

I’ll have try wiggling with the wires and see if that helps in anyway.

Back