Blood Donations

Currently reading:
Blood Donations

I used to give blood - my blood group is the 2nd most common - but i stopped after i'd heard that they have too much of the common blood so they destroy it as they can't keep it after so many months....dunno if its true or not, but it really put me off.

Plus the biscuits are crap.

Shame they don't pay for semen donation in the UK I'd be rich :D.

lol...never have to work again :LOL:

I went to give blood, and then wasn't allowed to, because I had operation on my kidneys when I was younger, they sent a letter to my DR to see if I was allowed etc, they said I was...I then got a kidney infection, and only just been taken off the tablets.

So who can't give blood then? obviously HIV /AIDs people, Hepatitis A,B,C, people on dialysis ?

I keep thinking I should but I don't know my blood group and am very lazy :eek:

I try to give blood all the time. They come to my works so i just go along, though sometimes it's quite hard as i work shifts, so sometimes i'm either off on rest days or nights..

Just done the gay test and it said i was 38 % gay :eek: someone trying to say something ha been married for 12 years lol

So who can't give blood then? obviously HIV /AIDs people, Hepatitis A,B,C, people on dialysis ?

I keep thinking I should but I don't know my blood group and am very lazy :eek:

Gays can't, anyone who's had a tattoo recently, dental work recently, etc, etc.

They'll take your blood no matter what type it is. I've got a relatively rare one (O-) which is also very useful as its 'universal' yet they won't take it off me.

Technically I can give blood and have done so on a few occasions. However when they come to Carlisle or Wigton I am working until 6.30pm (and don't get out until well after that) and they close at 6.45pm so it's a no go. One day I might randomly pass somewhere but until then, it will have to wait until I get another job or they change their timetable before I go back :(

ps. before anyone says, legally I cannot leave my place of work during opening hours to go (OK so I sneak for 30 seconds to buy a paper but I think they would notice if I were gone for an hour or more and I would be disciplined).

Last edited:
when i first went to give blood at the start of last year, they couldnt get any out :eek:

then they did on two successful attempts after, and now im unable to give blood :(

well i just got back from giving blood for the first time, all went well - can't say it really hurt at all. was just a bit weird laying there watching blood flow out of my arm and not being at all concerned about it :) and i got a twix, happy days :)

Back