Blogs Integrated - Build threads have a new home!

Currently reading:
Blogs Integrated - Build threads have a new home!

Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the new and super improved part of the forum, the blogs! :woot:

"But, they were there before!" I hear you say - and you'd be right, however we can all safely say they were quite useless...

BUT NOT ANYMORE!

Oh no, I've tweaked and bit here and coded in a bit there and am proud to say I reckon I've solved all the issues!

So - how does it work and what's meant to change?

From now on, all build threads (including ICE - which also has its own section) and "I just put this on my car" threads should be posted into the blog section of the site.

BUT HERE'S THE IMPORTANT BIT!

Before you click the "Post Now" button at the bottom of the main input box, SCROLL DOWN a bit and you will see in the "Additional Options" panel another panel titled "Blog Categories" with a whole list of Global Categories inside.

Now, select the model that the entry is about and THEN click the "Post Now" (ie like normal).

What will then happen is not only will your blog be updated, but a post will be made in the relevant model section, which when clicked will redirect straight to the blog.

This redirect will show up in the forum listing, AS WELL as new posts - so basically, it's fully integrated and won't get lost in a backlink somewhere!!!

Tips:

• Please make sure that you don't externally link in images related to the builds, use the gallery or the attachment system. It might be a good idea to Create a new album, just for blog photos.
  • You can tag an entry into more than one model (if relevant).
  • You can create your own custom categories too if you want to break your blog down further.
  • Your blog will be at your own fancy url - http://www.fiatforum.com/blogs/username so you can easily give the address out!
  • If you have existing posts you wish to move into the blog, simply browse the thread where they are listed, then click the
    blogpost.gif
    button to the bottom right of them and you will be taken to the blog entry screen (with the post already filled in)
  • Also YOU control the comments that are made, so if people slate something you did - you can simply remove it :) This is your little corner of the world now!

Basically, this is a fully featured blog system - but now closely tied into the forum.

IF YOUR MODEL ISN'T LISTED - Drop me a PM and I'll get it done for you. At the moment I just created all the categories to cover present entries (y)

So ... LET THE BLOGGING BEGIN!

Back